HELP!! Think new HDTV got zapped by lightning!

C

Chris Shooter

Audiophyte
I have a Samsung TXN3075WHF 30" Widescreen HDTV and it's not even a month old. Tonight when I came home from work there was a pretty bad lightning storm going on. I was changing my clothes when a bolt of lightning hit something really close to the house. The power didn't go out or anything and it seemed like all electronics were still functioning. I have my HT equipment plugged into a surge protector strip, plugged into an APC Surge/Backup. Nothing was tripped. After the storm went away, I turned on the equipment and now notice in the upper right corner and lower left corner radiating outwards a couple inches of green or purple (changes colors depending on the video image). The rest of the picture looks fine. What the heck happened? HEEEEELLLLPPP!

Turn the set on and off a couple of times and see if it goes away. Wait a couple of minutes between each power cycle.

C

Chris Shooter

Audiophyte
I turned the TV back on this morning before work and the splotches are gone. Maybe the degauser took care of it? Something else I now notice... When a 4:3 image is displayed and it has the black bars on the right and left, well on the left side of the image it is slightly concave - or rather it bends inwards. The right side is fine. Does this make sense? Is there a setting to adjust that?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis