Help selecting the right MartinLogan System

A

art8art

Audiophyte
Newbie here! Thank you for all of your insight.

Please keep in mind that I must purchase this through BB because of promotion I have that I cannot use at Magnolia.

Room Size: 18' x 30'. I might be moving next year into something twice this size.

Listening: 60% music 40% movies.

TV: 75" JS8500 Samsung

Speakers: MartingLogan Motion 40 for L&R. Motion 30 for center.

SUB: Martin Logan Dynamo 12" 1000W, but thinking of getting the 15" MartinLogan 650W if i can get a good deal.

Receiver: Debating between the Denon AVR-X6200 or a Marantz or Pioneer AVR. Open to suggestions.

SO,

1. Do I go for the 15" sub with 650W or stick with the 12" 1000W?
2. Is there a better receiver than the DENON avr-x6200 at BB that I should consider?

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
It's worth noting. Dynamo 1000 is 500 watts RMS. The Dynamo 1500X is 650 watts RMS. So there's not confusion, the 12" is does not have the more powerful amplifier.

The MSRP is about $600 more for the 15". Going on specs and MSRP alone I don't know that I would jump up to the 1500X.

Better performance would be had for your money from SVS if you insist on shopping at Magnolia. If they don't have them in the store, they are available on their website.

As to the receiver. Buy the receiver that has the features you will use and the power you need. Don't overthink your receiver selection. Just get what fits.

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
It's worth noting. Dynamo 1000 is 500 watts RMS. The Dynamo 1500X is 650 watts RMS. So there's not confusion, the 12" is does not have the more powerful amplifier.

The MSRP is about $600 more for the 15". Going on specs and MSRP alone I don't know that I would jump up to the 1500X.

Better performance would be had for your money from SVS if you insist on shopping at Magnolia. If they don't have them in the store, they are available on their website.
Though not as bang for the buck, Josh's in room measurements look pretty descent

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Though not as bang for the buck, Josh's in room measurements look pretty descent
Compared to the Dynamo 1000 or an SVS?

What it all comes down to is the actual prices of these subwoofers, otherwise I'm shooting in the dark here.

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
Compared to the Dynamo 1000 or an SVS?

What it all comes down to is the actual prices of these subwoofers, otherwise I'm shooting in the dark here.
Either from BB. Just wanted to show some numbers on the 1500x, the PB2000 should be better, based on the old pb12 measurements, for the money. Since he is limited to the best buy side and not magnolia, Id say if the 1500x is in the budget, it seems capable.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
1500X was my first option for sub, but SVS SB13 ultra offers better performance for cheaper price so I was almost ready to buy that but price went up and I ended up with my current sub. 1500X is supposed to be really nice unit but it is little pricey.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Either from BB. Just wanted to show some numbers on the 1500x, the PB2000 should be better, based on the old pb12 measurements, for the money. Since he is limited to the best buy side and not magnolia, Id say if the 1500x is in the budget, it seems capable.
Then I'm even more confused. I thought Martin Logan was through Magnolia only.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
1500X was my first option for sub, but SVS SB13 ultra offers better performance for cheaper price so I was almost ready to buy that but price went up and I ended up with my current sub. 1500X is supposed to be really nice unit but it is little pricey.
Its always been my understanding that their subwoofers are pretty good.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
The upper level is magnolia, the 1500 and down is both
It's only confusing because neither of my local Best Buy stores carry any Martin Logan at all. I guess if I visited their website more often I would get some clarity. Too bad their site is annoying.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis