Help request for connecting a 5.1 surround system!!

B

bertyjoe

Audiophyte
Help urgently requested to connect my 5.1 speakers and my equalizer to my reciever!
I recently moved out and my surround system which was previous connect by my friends doesn't seems to work as before.Presently there 2main problems I entcounter; 1. connecting the subwoofer and the speaker remains a big problem, with some speakers almost mute. 2. The equalizer only seems to work for the minidisc(MD) but recieve sound from CD but no sound change during various settings.
Presently, the 2main speakers are connected to the subwoofer and the subwoofer then connects to the reciver.While the surround and center speakers are connected to the reciever directly. But I reciever very little sound from the subwoofer and the 2 speakers connected to it.Only the center and surround speaker are lound enough to be recognised.I urgently need help to make this work again or better as before!
The equalizer is presently connected to the Tape/MD plungs of the reciever while the MD connects to the equalizer.The equalizer recieves sounds when the CD plays but equalizer adjustment make no sound difference from the CD player,eventhough the difference is however not significant enough when the MD player is on.I wonder what should be done?
Below is detail of my system;
Reciever - Kenwood KRF-V5020
MD Player- Kenwood DMF-3020
CD Player - Kenwood DPF-2010
Equalizer - Kenwood GE- 7030

SPEAKERS
Subwoofer - Universum, 2x8 ohms , 2x600watt
2xfront speaker: universum 8 ohms,600watt each speaker
2x rear speakers. Universum 8 ohms, 150watt each speaker
Center speaker: universum 8ohms

I will very much appreciate it should anybody offer me some ideas on what to do inorder to have the best preformance for my system.
System instruction manual website:
http://www.kenwoodeurope.com/support/manualsDownload.aspx?men=2&M2=9&Cat2ID=2:)

bobbydigital

bobbydigital

Junior Audioholic
I cant get on that website but my guess is you have hooked your front left and right channels to the speaker level INPUTS on your sub and then probably hooked your sub to the reciever via coax ? if this is the case you need to hook your mains to your reciever . NOT the sub . Leave sub connected to the reciever with the coax.

bobbydigital

bobbydigital

Junior Audioholic
Also Note: sub cable should be connected to the low level input (usually the red mono rca jack) on sub and the sub pre- out on reciever

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis