Help Placing Surround Speakers

A

apolloNail1518

Enthusiast
Hi everyone! I need help on placing my surround speakers. I have a 14ftx20ft room. I plan on running a 5.1.4 system. Below I have added an image on what my room look like. Since my seating area is just right in the place where I can not mount side speakers for surround sound, should I mount them a little back on the side wall or should I just mount them on the back wall? I have B&W CM series tower for my left and right channel. My Center speaker is B&W HTM72. I will probably use B&W CCM663 for my Atoms in-ceiling speakers. If I mount the surround speakers on the side wall what type of speaker should I use? Directional or Bipole?

Attachments

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I would personally mount them on the side walls and back a little. Pretty much option A.
I have a distain for bi/dipoles, and also Dolby says to use monopoles. However, that is a slightly narrow room and some guys have used bipoles successfully(their claim, not mine) so bipoles could work for you. Dipoles should not be considered(for anything) with atmos because of the way they operate.

Last edited:
A

apolloNail1518

Enthusiast
I would personally mount them on the side walls and back a little. Pretty much option A.
I have a sustain for bi/dipoles, and also Dolby says to use monopoles. However, that is a slightly narrow room and some guys have used bipoles successfully(their claim, not mine) so bipoles could work for you. Dipoles should not be considered(for anything) with atmos because of the way they operate.
Thank you so much for your recommendation! I too was thinking of using Bipole if I were to go with option A.

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
Fwiw I use monopoles in my bedroom where the speakers are just 4 1/4' from me and don't have any issues.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis