Help! Outdoor speaker cable run

V

victoriacoffee

Audioholic Intern
Hey guys and gals:

I am about ready to run some speaker wires out to the patio. The total run will be 60'. What type of speaker cable should I be considering and what type of gage? Is there a special outdoor rated wire available? I'll be running it through metal conduit (or should I be thinking pvc).

Thanks for the help. :)

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
14 gauge should be sufficient I would think. You can use any type of cable really if it is in conduit and going under your yard.

They also have direct burial outdoor speaker cable if you want, then you can ditch using the conduit. I would use a flexible burial conduit, plastic, not metal. The plastic won't corrode, will be flexible, and will keep all moisture out. Of course, if you aren't burying the cables, you really don't need conduit, just a straight cable run under your deck from inside your home to the speakers.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
victoriacoffee said:
Hey guys and gals:

I am about ready to run some speaker wires out to the patio. The total run will be 60'. What type of speaker cable should I be considering and what type of gage? Is there a special outdoor rated wire available? I'll be running it through metal conduit (or should I be thinking pvc).

Thanks for the help. :)

As BMX indicated but I would suggest at least 12ga and consider low voltage landscape wiring :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis