"Help" My Denon DVM3700 wont read

H

handyman221

Audiophyte
I have a Denon DVM 3700, 5 disc DVD/CD player and on many store bought DVD's it wont read them. I get a messg that tells me it can't play this type of disc. If I try over and over changing the disc slot from disc 1 through disc 5 after a few attempts I can most often get it to accept... Not always but sometimes.. whatever is wrong must be able to be fixed?!?.. This is a $900 retail DVD player and it should always read store bought disc.. :mad:

Someone a while back told me to tighten the nut holding the tray and it should correct my problem, I did, but still have the problem. :( Does anyone know whats going on and what I can do to fix this problem? :confused:

Greg

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pho_phoenix

Audiophyte
I am experiencing the exact same issue with my Denon DVM3700, except now I am unable to get any of the trays to read a DVD. Music CD's play with no problem. I will be interested to see if anyone can offer a solution

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I have a Denon DVM 3700, 5 disc DVD/CD player and on many store bought DVD's it wont read them. I get a messg that tells me it can't play this type of disc. If I try over and over changing the disc slot from disc 1 through disc 5 after a few attempts I can most often get it to accept... Not always but sometimes.. whatever is wrong must be able to be fixed?!?.. This is a $900 retail DVD player and it should always read store bought disc.. :mad:

Someone a while back told me to tighten the nut holding the tray and it should correct my problem, I did, but still have the problem. :( Does anyone know whats going on and what I can do to fix this problem? :confused:

Greg
Have you browsed the Denon web page for software updates, or called them by chance?

Is this a new issue or from day one? New DVds, region 1?

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis