Help me choose, jbl stage or monolith encore

Owning the Klipsch r51m, r52c and r41m, Which series would you upgrade to?

• JBL Stage Series

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monolith Encore Series

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep the Klipsch speakers i have

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
K

Kevin.lamarche

Audiophyte
I'm looking for advice on upgrading my 5.0 setup. I have the klipsch r51m, r52c, r41m speakers and want to upgrade. I've settled on two systems to pick from, the jbl stage series and the monolith encore series to accompany my dual pb1000's. Which of these two systems would you upgrade to if you had the same system as me presently?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Off top of my head seems more a lateral move than an upgrade, are you making a change for the sake of change?.....have you heard the JBL or Monolith speakers?

K

Kevin.lamarche

Audiophyte
Off top of my head seems more a lateral move than an upgrade, are you making a change for the sake of change?.....have you heard the JBL or Monolith speakers?
I don't have the luxury of going into an electronics store, as there are none around my area. I have to base my choices on other people's comments on speakers, reviews, multiple sources of measurements, specs ect..unfortunately. All in all, I'm looking for speakers that are closer to a flat response than the budget series Klipsch I own presently.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I don't have the luxury of going into an electronics store, as there are none around my area. I have to base my choices on other people's comments on speakers, reviews, multiple sources of measurements, specs ect..unfortunately. All in all, I'm looking for speakers that are closer to a flat response than the budget series Klipsch I own presently.
I don't live near any stores either :) I take my chances with my research for the most part (and a return policy), but if I'm going to change speakers I'm going to make a more significant upgrade myself. Without looking at measurements myself, where do you find the differences in response to be particularly with the JBL or Monolith? Something eq can't address for now?

K

Kevin.lamarche

Audiophyte
The fist is an example of my klipsch speakers, second is the monolith encores and 3rd is the jbl stage.
I don't live near any stores either :) I take my chances with my research for the most part (and a return policy), but if I'm going to change speakers I'm going to make a more significant upgrade myself. Without looking at measurements myself, where do you find the differences in response to be particularly with the JBL or Monolith? Something eq can't address for now?
The fist is an example of my klipsch speakers, second is the monolith encores and 3rd is the jbl stage.

Attachments

K

Kevin.lamarche

Audiophyte
You might want to delve into this article and use more than a basic frequency response? https://www.audioholics.com/loudspeaker-design/understanding-loudspeaker-measurements
I have the on and off axis readings also. Both the jbl and encore measurements are much better than the klipsch. See what I'm looking for is a more accurate to source speaker. I know my room will affect the sound, but better to eq just the room results than both the speaker sound signature plus the room..at least that is what I believe. From what I've read, both options offer better lows and midrange than the klipsch. The highs are more natural with the jbl and encore. I don't know. So you are saying you would just stick to the klipsch set I have?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I have the on and off axis readings also. Both the jbl and encore measurements are much better than the klipsch. See what I'm looking for is a more accurate to source speaker. I know my room will affect the sound, but better to eq just the room results than both the speaker sound signature plus the room..at least that is what I believe. From what I've read, both options offer better lows and midrange than the klipsch. The highs are more natural with the jbl and encore. I don't know. So you are saying you would just stick to the klipsch set I have?
LOL, no not particularly a Klipsch fan, altho their RP series seems to be a better way to go. More a JBL fan myself but I'd look further up their lineup than the Stage line. No experience with Monolith but they seem to keep putting out good performing and good value products. I'd probably just eq to taste for now if possible, so maybe I'd vote that way in your poll, and keep looking for alternatives as well as save up for simply better speakers.....

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
LOL, no not particularly a Klipsch fan, altho their RP series seems to be a better way to go. More a JBL fan myself but I'd look further up their lineup than the Stage line. No experience with Monolith but they seem to keep putting out good performing and good value products. I'd probably just eq to taste for now if possible, so maybe I'd vote that way in your poll, and keep looking for alternatives as well as save up for simply better speakers.....
Agreed, the Klipsch RP stuff isn't terrible, and they can be EQ'd to taste. The Monolith Encore and JBL Stage stuff is too lateral of a move to be worth it. Save up your money and get something that would be an immediate and noticeable upgrade. HECO Aurora 1000s or Polk Reserve R700s would be a real step up. Monoprice Monolith THX should be a step up.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis