Help making an Upgrade decision

W

WillieM

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>OK folks. I need some feedback on an upgrade I’m looking at.

I’m currently running a set of PSB speakers (5T’s, 9C, 2B’s) with a Denon 80W 5.1 receiver (it’s been great). I have a chance to pick up some Acurus separates as follows:

ACT/3 Pre-processor (5.1ch)
A100x3 amp (100W x 3)
A100 amp (100 x 2)

Total cost $700

Any info or feedback you can give regarding these amps or this Pre-pro would be appreciated. I seem to get a little “anal” when it comes to culling info on my HT pieces/parts. These amps aren’t very heavy (the 3x is only 29lbs), but I hear that they pack a pretty good punch.</font>

S

steve

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Willie M,

I'm sure you are aware that the Acurus ACT III is part of the Mondial family which is now owned by Klipsch. &nbsp;We only had a brief encounter with the ACT III a few years ago.

In general, it's an OK processor, especially if you are only paying $700 with the amp.

If you're in the market to upgrade, you may also want to consider the new Denon AVR-3803 Receiver. &nbsp;If you read the specs., and review the price, it has a great deal to offer.

Just my thoughts.

Good luck with your decision.</font>

Khellandros66

Khellandros66

Banned
<font color='#000000'>I'd have to agree with Steve, check out the Denon AVR-3803 and also the Yamaha RX-V2300 (has an RS-232 port which the 3803 doesn't)

I personally own the RX-V1300 and its fantastic.

:)~

Bob</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis