Help!! Jl 12"w0 or 10"w3

P

psilos2000

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>After a while surfing i have come to the conclusion that Jl audio subs are unbeateble in the price/performance area.

But here i need your help because my budget does not allow to make a wrong decision...:&gt;

The music that i hear is Tribal house , deep , progressive and i love the sound and the feeling of bass.

Should i Choose a 12&quot;w0 or a 10&quot;w3 ? (same price)

What is the diffrence between a 12&quot; woofer and a 10&quot; ?
And what is the diffrence between a w0 technology and a w3?

Thanks everybody!</font>

D

Dick Hertz

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>Have you looked at the Parts Express Titanic woofers? Their 10&quot; has an xmax (the distance the cone can move in and out) of 16mm and the 12&quot; 18mm. This means they can move twice as much air as the JL's which have an xmax of 8.6mm. That's what you want to do with a subwoofer. The PE and JL woofers are both designed for a sealed enclosure of reasonable size so construction isn't as critical as with a ported enclosure. Make your enclosure out of 3/4&quot; MDF on the sides and tops/bottoms. The front should be double thick MDF and the back 3/4&quot;. Be sure and use at least one brace between the sides. The best type looks like a four pane window with the criss-cross portion about 1&quot; x 3/4&quot;. Cut out enough of the brace where it meets the front baffle to allow for the woofer frame and magnet to clear.

Prices for the Titanics are $140 for the 10&quot; and $150 for the 12&quot;. I don't know how that compares with the JL's. If you decide to stick with the JL Audio, get the 12&quot; woofer. It's displacement is 2.0L compared to the 1.4L of the 10&quot;. All other significant parameters are virtually the same.</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis