Help in stereo & HT speakers

I

indiancurry

Enthusiast
I have an integrated Sansui AUX711 that I love to death. Got it cheap added to the sentimental value of a Sansui. This powered 2 Infinity Renaissance 80 speakers which I swore for 2 channel music with one & all.

Being in Kuwait with the HTIB buzz of everybody, I think it did rub on me to get an additional pair of speakers - Paradigm Monitor 9. I am thinking of matching them with the Infinity inspite of knowing that the speakers might mismatch in a HT setup.

I do not have the moolah to splurge on a complete HT set & can go in for either the Denon or Yamaha 5.1 receiver along with a matching center speaker. I have an old AR sub to complete the set.

As a newbie what I want to know, from reviews, is the Infinity better matched as the front L/R or the Paradigm? I personally feel the imaging is better in the Infinity than the Paradigm but I may be wrong.

Later on, I might buy a couple of surround speakers (Matching the front L/R speakers) & keep the other floor standing speakers to power the amp in addition to a speaker switch for the stereo/home theatre switching.

Can anyone help with the Infinity-Paradigm solution?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis