Help! I Can't get my video image to fit on the screen!

SMM

SMM

Audioholic
I have a ceiling mounted InFocus IN76 with a 92" diagnol Da-Lite screen. The projector is mounted mid-way between the manufactuers recommendation of 10.2' to 12.9' (lense to screen). Even with the zoom all the way in, I overshoot the screen including the 3" frame/border. Much to my surprise, the zoom only provides a few inches of adjustment. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

majorloser

majorloser

I read the installation manual for your projector. The distances you stated are correct for 92" diag screen. You might want to verify the distance again. From the front of the projector lens to the front of the screen material. Also, check to be sure your projector is setup for 16:9 aspect ratio.

If your screen is indeed a 92" diag 16:9 screen and the distance from screen to lens is correct (12.8 to 10.1 ft) then the only thing I can think of is the zoom adjustment is stuck. Try placing the lens offset adjustment to the center position and then run the zoom all the way in and out. It could be hung up. If none of that works, you have no choice but to contact Infocus.

SMM

SMM

Audioholic
I called InFocus, they tested my scenario and found that their projector wasn't working any better. They agreed this is a problem and sent it to their engineering department to investigate.

majorloser

majorloser

I take it that it would be a PITA to move the projector closer to the screen? That's going to be the only way to get the image smaller.

Three different Infocus sources I looked at stated the same throw distances. It's obviously a typo on their part.

SMM

SMM

Audioholic
yes, serious PITA to move the projector. I'm hoping InFocus will determine this is a manufacturing issue and send me a new projector. It seems crazy to have such a limited zoom function.

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

Sadly most sub-$2k DLP projectors have very limited zooms and usually lack lense shift. My Optoma has a 1.2:1 zoom and that's actually one of the better ones!:eek: That's really hard to swallow since budget LCD units routinely offer 2:1 zooms.

Sounds like moving the PJ or moving the screen will be necessary. Perhaps they'll refund your money but I agree that it may be a manual misprint. It's hard to envision them somehow mounting the wrong lense on your PJ!

SMM

SMM

Audioholic
Firmware Issue

Just heard from InFocus Engineering. It was a firmware issue. They e-mailed the latest code and I'm working on getting it loaded (as soon as I find the proper cable).

SMM

SMM

Audioholic
Defective Unit

InFocus determined that I have a defective projector and a new one is on the way:)

majorloser

majorloser

It's a shame you hadd to go through all that before they send a replacement. Let's hope everything works out :)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
SMM said:
yes, serious PITA to move the projector. I'm hoping InFocus will determine this is a manufacturing issue and send me a new projector. It seems crazy to have such a limited zoom function.

At least the company is honest enough to check and tell you that they have the same issue, instead of- 'you are the first to complain.'

Any indication how long before they can resolve this for you?

SMM

SMM

Audioholic
mtrycrafts said:
At least the company is honest enough to check and tell you that they have the same issue, instead of- 'you are the first to complain.'

Any indication how long before they can resolve this for you?
InFocus Tech Support has been great in helping to work through this issue. The new unit was shipped yesterday and should arrive today or tomorrow.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
SMM said:
InFocus Tech Support has been great in helping to work through this issue. The new unit was shipped yesterday and should arrive today or tomorrow.

What is the fix? Just some have the problem or they have to redo/mod the rest?

SMM

SMM

Audioholic
They just said my unit was defective. New unit arrives Saturday....sure hope it works:D

SMM

SMM

Audioholic
Works perfectly!

The new unit arived and works as avertised:D I'm a novice but this seems to be a very good projector for the $2200 that i spent

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis