Help Finding New Remote For Velodyne DD18

J

jascross

Audiophyte
Hello Everyone!

This is my first time posting here. I have ran into quite the predicament. I recently moved and lost the remote to my Velodyne DD 18 subwoofer. I need assistance figuring out what the model number of the remote is to work with my subwoofer. I tried ordering an aftermarket remote from remotes.com but it did not work. My DD 18 is an earlier model that does not have the extra controls underneath the front screen. Without the remote I cannot access any of the advanced setup features. I have posted some pictures of the model number, serial number and one of the front of the subwoofer so you can see what I am dealing with. I have tried to contact Velodyne through all different means over the last three weeks and no one has gotten back to me. I hope someone here can help me figure out what remote I need to try and find. Thank you!
V1.jpg

Model number and Serial Number

V2.jpg

My old remote was similar to this.

V3.jpg

The front of the subwoofer.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Most likely a Logitech Harmony remote can be used, check their database of supported units (altho some customization of the remote may be needed aside from intial macro setup)

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Most likely a Logitech Harmony remote can be used, check their database of supported units (altho some customization of the remote may be needed aside from intial macro setup)
Velodyne is in two of my databases so od think harmony would too

J

jascross

Audiophyte
Velodyne is in two of my databases so od think harmony would too
Are all Logitech harmony remotes the same or do I need a specific model number. Also, how does one customize an already programmed remote? Sorry for not being more familiar with this. I am a hook up and use sort of guy but feel like I can figure it out with minimal guidance. Thank you for your response!

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Are all Logitech harmony remotes the same or do I need a specific model number. Also, how does one customize an already programmed remote? Sorry for not being more familiar with this. I am a hook up and use sort of guy but feel like I can figure it out with minimal guidance. Thank you for your response!
They use 1 database. As for the programming I'm not sure, probably would require re programming, as would an OEM remote.the last velodyne I used it for was the precursor to the DD series.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You use a program in your computer in conjunction with the internet to program a given remote with the database (via a usb cord between your computer and the remote). Most models (if not all) are learning remotes, too altho that wouldn't help you but you can also program in the actual codes manually. It's pretty friendly/flexible overall. I use a 600 and 650 and they're fairly reasonably priced. Take a look around https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/download

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis