HECO Aurora 300 Bookshelf Loudspeaker Review

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
300 pair.jpg
In our review of the HECO Aurora 1000 floor-standing speakers, I was very pleasantly surprised to find a real gem from a low-cost brand that I had not heard of. The brand was unknown to me, the packing was cheap, and much of the exterior evidenced a loudspeaker that was pretending to be more expensive than it was. However, the listening experience, as well as objective testing, showed a speaker that was designed to take sound quality seriously, and it ended up being one of the very best tower speakers in its price class.

I was left deeply impressed by the Aurora 1000s, and I wanted to see what else HECO brings to the table at such affordable pricing, and that leads us to today’s review of the Aurora 300 bookshelf speakers. Can HECO sustain the same level of sound quality in their lower-cost stand-mount speaker? Some other brands have been known to phone in their efforts in the simpler and less expensive speakers and subs within the same series; would HECO do the same? And how do the Aurora 300s compare to other competing bookshelf speakers in its class? Read our in-depth review to see what we found...

READ: HECO Aurora 300 Bookshelf Speaker Review

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Interesting to see. As you say, a very good price, especially on sale. Not the prettiest graph for those shopping by "curve," but looks to smooth out significantly by about 15º off axis. Worth considering if on a budget, for sure.

Thank you, @shadyJ !

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Nice review. This would be a speaker I'd definitely consider if I wanted to downsize from my Infinity P363s in my condo.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
In our review of the HECO Aurora 1000 floor-standing speakers, I was very pleasantly surprised to find a real gem from a low-cost brand that I had not heard of. The brand was unknown to me, the packing was cheap, and much of the exterior evidenced a loudspeaker that was pretending to be more expensive than it was. However, the listening experience, as well as objective testing, showed a speaker that was designed to take sound quality seriously, and it ended up being one of the very best tower speakers in its price class.

I was left deeply impressed by the Aurora 1000s, and I wanted to see what else HECO brings to the table at such affordable pricing, and that leads us to today’s review of the Aurora 300 bookshelf speakers. Can HECO sustain the same level of sound quality in their lower-cost stand-mount speaker? Some other brands have been known to phone in their efforts in the simpler and less expensive speakers and subs within the same series; would HECO do the same? And how do the Aurora 300s compare to other competing bookshelf speakers in its class? Read our in-depth review to see what we found...

READ: HECO Aurora 300 Bookshelf Speaker Review
Those designers know what they are doing. That is two high value for money speakers you have reviewed from HECO. They won't be receiver busters either. There are no crazy phase angles.

It continues to amaze me how incompetent so may designs actually are. Many high priced speakers measure little better than these and often worse. Then you get low impedances and amp busting phase angles.

I bet many will be very happy with those speakers over extended periods of time.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis