Heavy duty TV stand needed

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
So, I'm in need of replacing my current entertainment center/tv stand in order to accommodate future upgrades.

I'm planning on wall mounting the TV with a full motion mount from monoprice. Ideally would like to keep the bottom of the TV about 38-40 inches from the floor. What I need is a tv stand that could hold all my equipment including a Song 3 center, which weighs 55 lbs. I'm thinking two of these units would work. I'd probably leave off one of the smaller shelves on each so that everything would work height wise.

Do any of you have other suggestions? Or good sites to find AV equipment?

Edited to add: I'd prefer one longer shelf like this one but I'd prefer to keep my AVR on the middle shelf, and that one doesn't leave enough room.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Uncertain how they compare, but the Video Secu wall mounts are well regarded. Mine was easy to install and does the job very well. (Just for reference and comparison: )

Most important tip I can share is to know where your studs are, and hopefully be able to avoid using drywall anchors.
The one I linked to above allowed me to install the mount off-center and has some room to move the TV a little to center it on my wall. The dual arms are great for stability.

Have you considered a dedicated Center Channel Stand with the equipment rack off to one side?

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Just have your wife hold everything.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Uncertain how they compare, but the Video Secu wall mounts are well regarded. Mine was easy to install and does the job very well. (Just for reference and comparison: )

Most important tip I can share is to know where your studs are, and hopefully be able to avoid using drywall anchors.
The one I linked to above allowed me to install the mount off-center and has some room to move the TV a little to center it on my wall. The dual arms are great for stability.

Have you considered a dedicated Center Channel Stand with the equipment rack off to one side?
I'm not worried about the install being difficult. Wall mounts are pretty straightforward to install. I used to mount a lot of tv's when I worked through Taskrabbit. That mount looks quite similar to the one I was looking at from Monoprice. I can't find the exact one, I have it saved at work.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis