j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Wow, was not expecting that one. Reports are saying pills were found near by, no foul play is apparent. He was found in one of his residences. He may have been distraught due to a recent separation. Such a good actor, though I didn't like every film he did, he did at least have a wide range. RIP
According to the New York City Police Department, Heath Ledger was found dead in his apartment in downtown Manhattan on January 22, 2008.

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
Wow, was not expecting that one. Reports are saying pills were found near by, no foul play is apparent. He was found in one of his residences. He may have been distraught due to a recent separation. Such a good actor, though I didn't like every film he did, he did at least have a wide range. RIP
Poor guy was only 28 years old.

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Unbelievable. I was just watching The Order this weekend with him and much of the gang from A Knight's Tale.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I am looking forward to The Dark Knight, but I think my favorite film with him was actually 10 Things I Hate About You (as a movie, not for him personally...). Knights Tale was blah, but not garbage. The Order was OK. The one performance that surprised me of his, after having seen him in mostly lighter roles, was Monster's Ball.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
did he finish batman?

maybe he got carried away with his role as the joker.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Dark Knight was in post production, so that should have meant most or all of the filming was done. He was already filming another movie...

majorloser

majorloser

"NEW YORK (AP) - Heath Ledger was found dead Tuesday in a Manhattan apartment, naked in bed with sleeping pills nearby, police said. The Australian-born actor was 28. It wasn't immediately clear if Ledger had committed suicide."

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
News of his death caught me off guard:(. The first movie I saw him in was Ned Kelly and later I watched Monster Ball where he was excellent. However, his performance in Brokeback was outstanding. Although at times the content was very uncomfortable for myself, the human factor and story line was very compelling, and his role should of been rewarded with an Oscar.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I guess the only movie I've seen him in is The Patriot.

RIP

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

He had a tremdous range, turning in stellar performances in roles as diverse as The Patriot and The Brother's Grimm on one end and Monster's Ball and Brokeback Mountain at the other. He always seemed totally transparent in every role I've seen him in, completely becoming that character to a degree that suspension of disbelief was almost easy. I guess his role in Brokeback Mountain was the one that first made me aware of just how powerful an acting performance he was capable of.

I wonder if it was suicide or a tragic accident? On the one hand, the news report indicates he'd been turning down roles lately, but then he was always pretty selective about the ones he took. I realize he'd recently split with with the mother of his child, but...well, I guess I should stop right there. It's hard enough to know the minds of those close to us without trying to guess the motivations of those we've never met.

He was a very talented young man, and I think cinema will be poorer for his passing. RIP, Heath Ledger.:(

G

Gasman

Senior Audioholic
I guess his role in Brokeback Mountain was the one that first made me aware of just how powerful an acting performance he was capable of.

He was a very talented young man, and I think cinema will be poorer for his passing. RIP, Heath Ledger.:(
I totally agree on that, although I am not big into gay movies, I am also not childish enough to say I would not watch it.:rolleyes:
But some fellows are just to homophobic, to those fellows I would recommend watching the movie (as well grow up). His acting in that movie showed VERY versatile range, and was done quite well.

Although campy, I did like Knight's Tale.
But my fav. would have been The Patriot. (that was a kick-butt movie;):):D)

100% agree, he was VERY talented. And although it was (currently) not a apparent suicide, it is a shame either way.
He showed real promise for acting.
He certainly will be missed in the cinema world.:(

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah. Too soon.

I think his greatest film, bar none was Patriot, and from what I've heard, his greatest performance was in Brokeback Mountain, though I've never seen the movie.

He will be missed...he still had a lifetime ahead of him. God bless and rest in peace.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I was rather disappointed with The Patriot. The story was rather simplistic and had far too many ups and downs. It definitely had its moments for sure, but that was just it for me - some solid scenes tied together with a less than stellar story. Heath's character was probably the most believeable. Ned Kelly was a decent flick too.

Last edited:
B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
The only movie of his that I liked was "The Patriot", and I'm really excited to see his depiction of Joker in the new Batman movie.

I can't wait!!

It's too bad if the cause of his death is determined to be poppin' pills. I can't say that I feel a lot sorrow for dopers who die as a result of their drug abuse.

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
It's too bad if the cause of his death is determined to be poppin' pills. I can't say that I feel a lot sorrow for dopers who die as a result of their drug abuse.
All evidence to the contrary. These were prescription sleeping pills...his prescription. It's been said that he get's really into his roles, and that he found his role as the Joker dark and depressing. He could not sleep. He was in fact troubled by his involvement as the Joker. Apparently this Joker is not as comical as the previous ones. He was seen walking late at night in the streets of NY due to his insomnia. Let's not be too quick to judge. His body's not even cold yet, and the autopsy's not yet been performed. I don't think he was "popping pills" in the common vernacular, nor do I believe he was a "doper".

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
I thought 'The Patriot' was a fantastic movie, and his character was the best in the film, out-performing Mel Gibson by a long shot. But I've taken a recent interest in Revolutionary era American History too, so my opinion may be biased. :)

It's nonetheless a tragic thing - 28 years old with the whole world ahead of him.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
Now, apparently, the same brain-dead scumbags who have been turning up a military funerals with their "god hates fags" signs are protesting Ledger's memorial. I don't understand how those fools have escaped a really severe beating for this long.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis