T

texasbudman

Enthusiast
Okay... I'm seriously looking into wireless headphones (I'm NOT a Golden Ear)... done the research and have narrowed it down to two (I don't want to go much over $100)...

I am considering...
Sennheiser RS-120 Wireless RF Headphones /or/
Logitech FreePulse Wireless Headphones

The main purpose for the headphones is to be able to watch TV and hear something, after my chic goes to bed (in a loft)... main purpose for wireless is to be able to get up and get a cold Bud (go potty, get a snack, etc...) without being on a leash...

Note: the loft is just below a Sprint tower and all the walls are cement...
I'm leaning towards the the Logitech (range would be the whole cottage), but like the idea of the range of the RS-120, for possibly being able to going out to grab a cig)...

I'm looking for any useful input... Thanks

T

texasbudman

Enthusiast
Any help would be appreciated...

Okay... can ANYONE give me any input on wireless headphones at all or at least between Bluetooth vs. RF signals...
Thaks

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Well, if you're not a golden ear, then the sound won't make a different.

I guess go with whatever has the most range.

I've heard some Sennheisers before, and they were good(enough). Haven't heard Logitech headphones, only computer speakers.

SheepStar

SysteX

SysteX

Enthusiast
You should try posting over at head-fi.org--those guys really know their headphones. But, do be careful. Before you know it you'll end up spending many thousands of dollars on a headphone rig.

No kidding about Head-fi - check your wallet at the door...

Wireless is tough. I can recommend wired headphones, but wireless is an entirely different creature.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
As far as range goes.
BlueTooth is only good for about thirty feet.

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
I have a pair of RS-120s and I love them. They have a range of about 300 feet here at my house. I can go outside and even into my shop next door and still have a good signal. The sound quality is great.

FLZapped

FLZapped

Audioholic
Okay... can ANYONE give me any input on wireless headphones at all or at least between Bluetooth vs. RF signals...
Thaks
Bluetooth is rf. Just follows a particular public protocol in the modulation scheme.

-Bruce

T

texasbudman

Enthusiast
Just want to chill...

You should try posting over at head-fi.org--those guys really know their headphones. But, do be careful. Before you know it you'll end up spending many thousands of dollars on a headphone rig.
Yeah, I posted over there and they don't like wireless AT ALL!!!!

The bottom line is I'm tired of getting *****ed at that's its too loud... and don't want to be chained to A/V Tower of Power...

I just want to chill in front of my 8ft screen watching TV/recorded programs and tip a few cold Bud's on my days off... without having to hassle...

Is that so wrong!!!

I'm just a Peasant asking for guidancne from the Lords of Audio...

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
If you want something that works and happens to sound excellent and be very well made than just get the Sennheisers. You won't be dissapointed. I've had mine for 3+ years and they still work great.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
If you want something that works and happens to sound excellent and be very well made than just get the Sennheisers. You won't be dissapointed. I've had mine for 3+ years and they still work great.
There you go. If that's not enough, the Gods of Audio have failed you.

SheepStar

T

texasbudman

Enthusiast
I believe I said Lords...

There you go. If that's not enough, the Gods of Audio have failed you.

SheepStar
but HiHo pretty much answered the 120 question... I was hoping for a lil more for the Logitech side and if the Sprint tower would interfere with the 120's...

However, you are truely kind and merciful Gods... and apparently Logitech is not worth of this forum (I've read plenty of outside reviews on both)...

Thanks for you blessings and wisdom....:):D:):cool:

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
I have no experience with the Logitech headphones. I use a Logitech wireless mouse on my PC though and I love it. :) I doubt the tower will interfere with the headphones. They run on different frequencies. Whichever you buy, make sure you have the option to take them back if they don't work to your satisfaction.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis