B

bill18163

Audiophyte
I have a pair of Avantree BTHS-AS9 Bluetooth headphones and a 2018 LG OLED65B8PUA TV. The tv has Bluetooth built in and I am using it with my headphones. I used these headphones on my previous Samsung tv and they worked good. Lip sync was perfect and my wife could watch tv with me at the sound level that she liked and I could use my headphones and pick the volume that I liked (I don't hear so good). I used a plugin sending unit for the Samsung tv that came with the Avantree headphones. I plugged it into a USB port and into the "sound out" port on the back of the tv. I could hear almost anywhere in the house if I got up from the tv. Now that I have the new LG tv with built in Bluetooth, if I get up and go to the kitchen I start to loose sound. I can live with that but lip sync is bad and if I use my headphones there is no external sound from the tv. So my wife can't hear the tv. I went into the sound selection of the tv hoping to be able to make the tv speakers be on while I am also using my headphones. Can't do it. The back of this tv has a port for "sound out" but it is "optical digital" and it is square. I can't plug in my Avantree Bluetooth sending unit which has the normal looking pin type plug. Is there any way I could go back to using the Avantree setup? Maybe some kind of adapter to plug into that square optical port? Or any other solution???

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis