Headphones for office

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Looking for some full back phones for my office. I would like the budget to be under $150 but depending on deal I am willing to be flexible. I have an intern in my office this summer and I will need a way to tune out the world around me.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Thanks. I was going to go with wired unless someone could give me a reason why I should do wireless. My parasound gear in my office does not have BT and I have no intent to buy a dongle and I am sitting at my desk so there would be no advantage.

I like the ones you linked but wish the input cable was on the right side and not the left. My gear is on the right side of my desk and I don't want the cable to go over my keyboard. Hmm.

Does going to a true noise canceling reduce sound quality and add to the price?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks. I was going to go with wired unless someone could give me a reason why I should do wireless. My parasound gear in my office does not have BT and I have no intent to buy a dongle and I am sitting at my desk so there would be no advantage.

I like the ones you linked but wish the input cable was on the right side and not the left. My gear is on the right side of my desk and I don't want the cable to go over my keyboard. Hmm.

Does going to a true noise canceling reduce sound quality and add to the price?
1) these - use left or right wire connection: https://www.amazon.com/PSB-M4U-1-BLK-Performance-Headphones/dp/B00AFUE7S6
2) yes, same phones but with noise cancelation (M4U-2) cost $100 more.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
What do you think of these? https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-4-40-Headphones-BT/dp/B01MSZSJE9/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1528822741&sr=8-3&keywords=Sennheiser+HD+4.40

I've read some good reviews and they have a cable on the right side even though they are wireless.
We had high hopes for these affordable Sennheiser headphones. But this pair had so many peaks and valleys in the frequency ranges, our panel struggled to describe the sound problems effectively. “Missing presence,” “male voices sound weird,” “lacking definition,” and “it’s as though the foundation is lacking” are some of the phrases we came up with. The overall consensus may be summed up best by John’s remark: “Meh. The earpads are the best part.”
https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-bluetooth-headphones/

V

Victor rODRIGUEZ

Audioholic Intern
Estoy buscando algunos movimientos completos para mi oficina. Me gustaría que el presupuesto sea menos de $ 150 pero, dependiendo del trato, estoy dispuesto a ser flexible. Tengo un interno en mi oficina este verano y necesito una manera de desconectar del mundo que me rodea.
AKG Y50 Cheap an good sound

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
I would look for Beyerdynamic DT770 or SoundMagic HP151.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Came just as I was leaving work yesterday. FedEx decided to show up. Lookimg forward to trying them out today.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Well only an hour or so into using them and so far so good. I seem to have a head that works with these comfortably. They don't seem to put pressure my ears.

Sound good to me but this is my first decent set of phones so I really don't have much to compare. Way better than ear buds. ;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis