Headphones for home use?

J

Jfs

Audioholic Intern
I am interested in purchasing a set of headphones. I need some advice in this area. I'm not sure if I want to go wired or wireless with something like Bluetooth. I want to use these at home mostly with a computer. My preference would be with what sounds better. Looking for something up to around $200.

What are the difference between wireless and wired for sound quality? What are the better headphones available? I like neutral phones with detail, but also want something that is easy to listen over a long time.

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
Generally speaking, you are probably better off with wired for best sound quality for your dollar. The reason being, whatever money is spent on making it wireless, that money is not spent on making it sound better.

B

bikdav

Senior Audioholic
Pyrrho is right about that. I found many wireless headphones to be not as good in general sound quality as compared to wired. A bigger problem is the chance for interference from other sources in or near the house.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Do you have amp or soundcard you can use? If so I would look for Beyerdynamic DT 990 pro. If not then Sennheiser HD598. Tho even the Sennheiser will benefit from amp / soudcard. Pretty nice deal on "real" DT 990's as well here: https://www.massdrop.com/buy/beyerdynamic-dt990

These are what I would recommend in your price range.

C

cpd

Full Audioholic
Do you have any need for a closed back design (e.g. will be using them in an area where others will be annoyed if they can hear your headphones)? If so check out the Sennheiser Momentum line. I have the over ear version and love them.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
OP's been gone for about half a year now. I'd be surprised if you get any response from him.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
OP's been gone for about half a year now. I'd be surprised if you get any response from him.
Hah! Good point, didn't even notice that as some 1 had brought this topic in top.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis