Headphones for games, movies and music

C

Chris Wooten

Audiophyte
I have been looking for the same thing for some time and can recommend this.

I have used the Astro A50 wireless surround set. I then desired higher quality and moved towards research which led me to purchasing the Sennheiser Game One, open back gaming headset with mic and purchased the Sennheiser GSX 1000 gaming amp/dac with wonderful 7.1 surround sound. The combination of these two is a wonderful thing for gaming, music and movies. You can quickly set the amp to multiple saved presets, 2.0 for music back to 7.1 for gaming or movies. I typically sit at about 70% volume on the amp with headsets/windows volume at about 90% and I think it is plenty loud. It can get much louder if you desire to blow your ears.

The sound in games is amazing. So clear and very wide soundstage. They do not sound muddy like the Astros did for me.

I have also purchased the Sennheiser HD650s for some great reference cans and coupled them with the Sennheiser GSX amp and even tried 7.1 surround. Personally, I think the Game Ones sound much better for gaming, while the HD650s driven properly sound much better for music, I mean on a whole new level. So depends what you are looking for. If your looking for great sounding gaming headphones with mic and works great for music and movies, go with this setup, you will not regret it.

Amazon will sell you these for about $163 for the headsets and close to $170 for the amp. Well worth it.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I have 4 sennheiser phones and zero regrets with buying any of them.
From hd-201 purchased for $25 to most recent pcx-55p $300 purchased

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis