Headphones for aerobic walks

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
I don't plan to be jogging. Fast walking to get in some aerobics. A couple years ago I got a Sennheiser HD 599 largely because the reviews said that they are really comfortable. They are not. Or at least not comfortable to me. Maybe I need to wear them more, like for hours of headaches, to "personalize" the foam around the ears. But right now I get a headache wearing them for maybe 30 minutes.

The other reason that I got the Sennheisers is that they are open back so that I can hear what's going on around me and they are wired. I can't stand Bluetooth and I don't want one more thing to keep charged.

They are nowhere near as comfortable to wear than my Bose QuietComfort XX (I don't recall the number). But walking along the road I don't want noise cancelling to be isolated from my surroundings.

So I wonder if anyone has a suggestion for actually comfortable, that I can put a winter hat over, very good sounding (don't need great sounding) open back, wired headphones that won't bust a budget of maybe $250.

I really don't understand all the reviews that I read before buying the Sennheiser HD 599's that said that they are really comfortable. What a huge disappointment. I should have returned them to Amazon when could.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I really don't understand all the reviews that I read before buying the Sennheiser HD 599's that said that they are really comfortable.
All depends on your head, as headphones fit people differently all due to head shape and band tightness and personal preference.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
How about these? I have a Yamaha pair similar and I love them. Not too bulky either. Sometimes just wear them on my neck and listen to them that way.
Yamaha HPH-150B Open-Air Neutral Palette Headphones,Black https://a.co/d/bFeJr0c

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
I too have a pair of Bose QuietComfort 35 II and they are about the most comfortable headphones I've ever owned. Do know that you can toggle the noise canceling off very easily. (See page 21 on the link above)

I use them for fast walking and mowing the lawn /yard work / car maintenance (when it's not in the full summer heat and too hot => then I use my Sony WF-1000XM4 Buds).

I know that hard wired can provide better sound, but there's a lot less fuss without the cable getting in the way of my hands. (I used to go wired for ages.)

Give them a try for a while, and save your $$.

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
I like the Shokz for working out, walking, running, and cycling. I'm using the OpenRun Pro's. The main reason is they are opened eared. This is important to me because I don't want to be that person that's being a danger to other people by not knowing what's going on in their surroundings (I know, everyone thinks they're not, but they are). They can also be worn with a hat or helmet. I don't really care if they're not the sound quality as my Bose 45s. Which, I wouldn't want to wear anyway when I'm sweating. Another plus with the Shokz is I can answer a phone call with them on.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
All depends on your head, as headphones fit people differently all due to head shape and band tightness and personal preference.
Agreed. I have a pair and they are much more comfortable than my Grado 60s or my Senn Pro 280s.

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
I have the older Bose Quiet Comfort 15's that don't allow for music without the noise cancelling on unfortunately. They were 2009 to 2015.

Not looking to invest in another Bose. They are very expensive and I don't need something that good when I also want to hear what's going on around me.

Actually, I tried these on my walk today and they are actually very good sounding and comfortable. I've had them for a couple years. I think I paid around $35 for them on Amazon. And a winter hat fits over them.

2023 11 19 16 35 11.jpg
2023 11 19 16 35 19.jpg

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Comfort is really subjective as your head and preferences are different. To find out what is most comfortable to you, it would be best to go local audio shop and try different models.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis