Headphone for portable music players (Need advice)

R

Running

Audiophyte
Hello all,

I didn't know where to post this topic so I figured I'd post it here since this is a general AV discussion board.

I would like to buy a good pair of headphones for my creative zen 30 gb mp3 player. I am looking for something similar to the Bose Around-Ear Headphones. I am interested in the Sennheiser 515 and Sennheiser HD 555's. I am looking for a pair of headphones with clarity of sound, powerful bass and treble. Which headphones would you recommend? How do the bose around ear headphones compare to the Sennheiser HD 515 and 555's? Which brand is superior. My price range is between $150-200 max.

Thanks for your help,

-Awais

B

businessjeff

Junior Audioholic
If you can, put them on and try them for yourself, that would be your only source for an answer to your question.

Somethign more usefull to consider, probably more important then comparing specs, would be what you are going to use them for. With knowing that you should look at different construction methods, some will sound best for your specific application.

A few weeks ago I was all hyped up over a 1k pair of Grado headphones, however after doing a recording session live in a bar with a pair of semi-straight through AKG's... I would be SOL with the Grados. Cant hear anything over ambient noise.

IMO how you plan to use them is most important, 2nd would be your PERSONAL opinion on sound quality between sets (everyone interprets sound differently), 3rd I would weigh in cost, lastly I may look at specs. Keep in mind with your price range you are going to be going with a high end company, have faith in their construction methods.

I should now mention though, that I have never owned a highend set of headphones really. But, If I were to buy some this is how I would go about it :) Great site that I read that helped me reach this conclusion.

http://www.goodcans.com

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis