R

roger259

Audioholic Intern
I have a 4yr old Yamaha RX-V659 receiver, great receiver, with NO HDMI. I'd like to know which Yamaha replaced mine w/ HDMI. Also, I'd like some suggestions on sub $500 HDMI receivers comparable to the 659 with all its features.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
The RX-V661 replaced the RX-V659 and added HDMI. The RX-V663 added HDMI 1.3 and the RX-V665 was supposed to be a replacement for the RX-V663, but is in many ways inferior.

How many HDMI sources do you have and what are they?

BudgetHT

BudgetHT

Audioholic
The 665 can be had for a little over $350.00. If you need the more powerful amp section you could step up to the 765 for 4 and a quarter.
Both are great receivers and easy to setup.

R

roger259

Audioholic Intern
I'd like to have at least 3 in / 1 out HDMI. Which model is better-- 661, 663, or 665? Are there any other receivers that are comparable at the cost?

BudgetHT

BudgetHT

Audioholic
I'd like to have at least 3 in / 1 out HDMI. Which model is better-- 661, 663, or 665? Are there any other receivers that are comparable at the cost?
The general consensus here is that, out of those three, the 663 is the better unit, but it only sports 1-out and 2-in HDMI ports, but it does have a good amp section. Also they're very hard to find.

zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
The Onkyo 606/607 or 706/707 would be the comparable Onkyo units. I guess the Denon 1910 would be the comparable unit from Denon, although it's a little more expensive.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
If you intend to use external amp the 663 is the better choice. You can add HDMI inputs by adding an external HDMI switcher.

BudgetHT

BudgetHT

Audioholic
If you intend to use external amp the 663 is the better choice. You can add HDMI inputs by adding an external HDMI switcher.
Not true. both have full zone out puts and both measure 1v.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Not true. both have full zone out puts and both measure 1v.
He may be refering to other measured performance or quality of parts. The internals of the RX-V665 are definitely inferior to the RX-V663.

BudgetHT

BudgetHT

Audioholic
He may be refering to other measured performance or quality of parts. The internals of the RX-V665 are definitely inferior to the RX-V663.
I have still yet to see any evidence of this.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis