Pwner_2130

Pwner_2130

Audioholic
I have a Sony str-dg800 and a ps3. I am currently saving my money for an HDTV, but i want to get the best sound out of my ps3 right now. Does anyone know if i can set the ps3 to have HDMI for sound output and component video output? My HDMI cable can be run from my ps3 to my Str -dg800 and the component from the ps3 to the tv. Thanks for any suggestions.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Try it and let us know if it works. My guess is it won't, but you never know.

Pwner_2130

Pwner_2130

Audioholic
Also i was wondering how does optical sound quality compare to HDMI sound quality?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
If passing standard DD/DTS it is exactly the same. You can pass the core of Dolby True HD and DTS-HD (5.1) via optical but you miss out on the full benefits of them. I haven't heard LPCM yet becasue my receiver doesn't have HDMI (cannot do LPCM via optical), but another member here just upgraded and he can maybe fill us in on it better. He says it makes a noticeable difference.

Pwner_2130

Pwner_2130

Audioholic
Turns out that when i connect my ps3 to my sony bravia via hdmi i can select optical output to the reciever for sound and let the HDMI cable handle the video ha ha and all the x box guys made fun of me...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis