HDMI issue between TV and cable box...image becomes un-centered

M

mustang_steve

Senior Audioholic
Hey folks,

Well, I have finally had it with this issue....I have an Olevia 437-s11 hdtv and a scientific atlanta Explorer 4250hdc cable box (provider is brighthouse networks)....and well, when changing channels sometimes the image will become un-centered, and continue to do this.

I am using HDMI from the cable box to the TV.

I can fix it by cycling power on the cable box, but I'd prefer a permanent fix.

Thanks!

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
The first thing I'd do is put in for a replacement cable box.

Either that, or try using component cables.

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
Good Solution

The first thing I'd do is put in for a replacement cable box.

Either that, or try using component cables.
Good Solution Markw! ;)

The problem sounds like the cable box. If you want to fix the PQ at the same time upgrade to satellite (DishNetwork or DirecTV ) or Fiber optics( AT&T uVerse) :D

One other thought that you din't mention. Do you ever paly DVD videos and if so do it go off center. If so , then it could be the TV.

M

mustang_steve

Senior Audioholic
Thanks for the pointers.

I currently run the DVD player through component (For some reason the cable co insisted on HDMI for cable so that's why there's even any HDMI cables in the apartment)....so I'll have to move the HDMI cable over to see if it's a TV issue. I'm thinking it's the cable boxes, since this also happens on my roomate's TV as well.

...and no satellite (no place to mount a dish), and fiber optics is a looooooong way off. I've been harassing Verizon for FIOS since 2004. :(

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis