Having a Deep Purple concert/revue in the attic tonight!!!

Paulvader

Paulvader

Junior Audioholic
Just received the 2 Deep Purple DVD's from Amazon I'd ordered. Left work 4 hours early to "go to a concert" I told the boss :D !!! I got "New Live & Rare" and "Live in California 1974". The wife'll be on the computer jamming to the rap and I'll be in the attic with Ian & the boys!!! (Then maybe a little Judas Priest 2005 from Japan, and a little Iron Maiden....cooling it down with some Floyd Live from Pompei!!! :p See ya all in the....P.M....(a little apple juice and Advil please, hunny!!! lol)

C

Cygnus

Senior Audioholic
He cant give you any, he's probably deaf! :D

But no, really, how'd it go?

L

larry7995

Full Audioholic
What is Judas Priest 2005 in Japan? I have 2003 in London with Ripper Owens and the Angel of Retribution ohh I bet that's the Live stuff on that dual disc? I better go look heheh I have it and didn't even realize it :confused:

L

larry7995

Full Audioholic
Hmm nope it's not on Angel of Retribution, I found it though - Rising In the East dvd so I better go buy it! I am a pretty big Glenn Tipton fan spent a lot of time figuring out how he does some of his solos and some of course still baffle me.

Paulvader

Paulvader

Junior Audioholic
O.K....just finished the show...wha time is it...?

I fergot that I'd posted this some time ago...ugh...have watched all those DVD's several times now...The Deep Purple "Live in California" was awesome. I was 3 then but was "right there" - tons of energy from the band. The video was "old" but great band footage. Unlike a lot of concerts these days that I've seen, the footage is mostly of the band - not the concert goers. They give you audio options - I was a little surprised to have that. They played late in the day and into the evening so it gave a great experience of an outdoor concert at dusk. The "Live and Rare" DVD was a collection of video's from the 80's and 90's and some concert footage. The concert footage was a little... "unenergetic" for their music. I just expected to have a livlier showing. It was a long dvd though...24 songs. The Judas Priest show was great. Done in 2002. The sound was exceptional and the picture was great quality IMO. One thing I've realized; as I watch the concerts, my opinion changes. The 1st time I'll watch one, I notice I'm not impressed as much as I think I'll be. After a few more viewings I get more into the shows. I just watched "Dio - Evil or Devine" and the 1st viewing, again was O.K....2nd was better and now I love it...:p BTW Iron Maiden "Death on the Road" wow...:cool: very good show...all around...

Paulvader

Paulvader

Junior Audioholic
larry7995 said:
What is Judas Priest 2005 in Japan? I have 2003 in London with Ripper Owens and the Angel of Retribution ohh I bet that's the Live stuff on that dual disc? I better go look heheh I have it and didn't even realize it :confused:

i guess Rob had enough time on his own and got back with the boys for at least one show...AWESSSSSSSSSome show. I have a live version of "Diamonds and Rust" that they play quite close to the original version, but they do a slow acoustic job in this DVD and it is :eek: amazing LOUD!!!! Great show...just great!!! Dio 2002 very good as well...seems the only "older" singer that's having "issues" lol is good ol' Ozzy...I wish he could have done a Sabbath reunion DVD with the boys a ...few? years ago when he was a little........younger...:p anyone know of any Sabbath DVD worth investing in...(not wanting any interviews or B.S. like that in the middle of the songs)...:rolleyes:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis