Hats off to SVS customer service

rom3

rom3

Audioholic Intern
I recently had one of my SVS SB2000 subs stop playing and contacted SVS to see what, if anything, could be done to fix it. The sub is a few years old, but to my surprise, everything was covered under warranty. I called on a Friday morning, they had me run a few diagnostics and determined the amp was bad. By the following Wednesday, I had a replacement amp which I was able to easily swap in. No need to send the entire sub back. I paid for the amp up front, but the cost was refunded when they received the old amp back which was shipped back in the same box that the new amp came in. Shipping was also paid by SVS. I will definitely buy from them in the future.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I recently had one of my SVS SB2000 subs stop playing and contacted SVS to see what, if anything, could be done to fix it. The sub is a few years old, but to my surprise, everything was covered under warranty. I called on a Friday morning, they had me run a few diagnostics and determined the amp was bad. By the following Wednesday, I had a replacement amp which I was able to easily swap in. No need to send the entire sub back. I paid for the amp up front, but the cost was refunded when they received the old amp back which was shipped back in the same box that the new amp came in. Shipping was also paid by SVS. I will definitely buy from them in the future.
I have had excellent luck with SVS as well. In fact, Ed Mullen is just an awesome guy. Would NOT hesitate to buy from them again. Highly recommend! :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Good info on SVS, they are on my 'short list' of replacement subs for my current DefTech ProSub 800's (2). I'm also considering HSU. Unfortunately I need to make some compromises, I live in a 2nd floor apartment, most shippers will not carry items of of certain weight up one flight of stairs so my replacements would need to be under 50 lbs each. And I don't need another hernia moving those subs around.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Good info on SVS, they are on my 'short list' of replacement subs for my current DefTech ProSub 800's (2). I'm also considering HSU. Unfortunately I need to make some compromises, I live in a 2nd floor apartment, most shippers will not carry items of of certain weight up one flight of stairs so my replacements would need to be under 50 lbs each. And I don't need another hernia moving those subs around.
The Rythmik L12 might be a good apartment sub as well. I have one in my bedroom system. They are about 50 lbs.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I would look into the SVS SB2000 and Hsu VTF-1 mk3 as well. Maybe also the RSL Speedwoofer. The nice thing about subs is that if the baseline performance is good, all you have to do is keep adding more of them, and its the same thing as getting one massive sub. Once a certain qualitative level is achieved, all that is left is quantitative, and that can be had by simply adding more of the same sub. Also, a bunch of smaller subs can achieve the same SPL as a larger sub more efficiently. These are the reasons why I don't really have a desire for massive subs, cool though they might be. You can get the same SPL and low distortion from a bunch of smaller subs, and get better room response and use less wattage per dB. And its also much easier to physically manage a bunch of small subs, and there are a lot more places that they can fit. The only caveat is it might cost just a bit more per dB. The pros far outweigh the cost though, at least for me.

LAB3

LAB3

Senior Audioholic
I purchased a used 2007 SVS PB 13 Ultra from a friend that had the original BASH 750 watt amp replaced with the 1000 watt SLEDGE two years before I purchased it. The new amp failed after two weeks and and I called SVS and Ed McMullen looked up the serial# and I still have several years of warranty remaining on the amp. OK cool they send me a free amp and it fails after two weeks,. GRRRRR I call again and this time Ed sends another new amp, new larger dia wires to a ......NEW..... driver. Plus he sent the driver install tool at no cost. I sent everything back on there dime.NO freight cost. WOW........ I have a NEW PB 13 Ultra now. It seems the that 10 year old driver was the problem. That was months ago and I am still shaking the room. SVS Customer Service IS AWESOME.

B

Bluesmoke

Audioholic Chief
They have always been very good to me. Glad it worked out for you when things went bad with the sub.

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
I roll with Seaton now, but when I had SVS they were nothing short of dope on the customer service.

Werd.

DJ

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis