has anyone seen the new 5890?

P

parkerbender

Audioholic
i can't find a single review on the net, period. does anyone have any experience/seen this reciever? i've been looking and even reading the yamaha website, i can hardly find any differences between it and the v2500. is it worth the extra $200 to get the v2500? if anyone has any insight please share it. oh, also, right now i have a htr-5640 so yo uknow what kind of step up this would be. thanks for any help!

WooHoo

WooHoo

Audioholic
Looks like one less component video in, no backlit remote and a less clean look to the front panel than the 2500. I bought the 2500 from a non authorized seller for $650. I am going to assume the 5890 is going to retail at $799 at BB and others and being new it will be a while before the price is cut. You may be better off finding the 5790 at a discount. There seems to be less difference between the 5790 and 5890 than versus the 2500.

H

hillbill

Audioholic
I saw it at my local Best Buy. If I remember correctly, it looks identical to the 5790. Have you tried Best Buys' website? I don't know if it is on there
yet.

P

parkerbender

Audioholic
i've seen them, just havn't heard one

there is info up on a bunch of different websites offering pictures and specs, i just havn't seen a review. you can get ahold of 'em for around 550 shipped on ebay, new in box. it seems alright, i'm used to a non-backlit remote, and i only have two component accessories anyway, just looking for personal experience, do you think they are close enough that a person could read the reviews for a 5790? if you go to the yamaha wesite the specs really are almost a spitting image of the 2500, has anyone looked at the specs? i know that everyone keeps saying that the 5890 is closer to the 5790 which is a logical response since it it replacing the 5790, but the numbers really are darn close to the 2500. i just don't know if the numbers actually mean what the say, you dig?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
If Yamaha is remaining consistent: It is identical to the RX-V1500

Read any reviews of the 1500 and you are reading about the 5890. Serial port, 2 component inputs, plus whatever else is going on with the 1500 that is new this year.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis