Has anyone ever heard of this?

J

JCPRuckus

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>A couple of years ago I was looking through an A/V magazine and saw a review for a product. &nbsp;It was a box that you plug into your outlet then you plug your equipment into the box. &nbsp;The box had coils of wire in it. &nbsp;It was supposed to use electrical induction to clean up the power coming from your outlet, so that all the electical noise from the rest of your power grid wouldn't cause interference on your system. &nbsp;Does anyone know what these things are called? &nbsp;Better yet does anyone know where I can get one?</font>

<font color='#000080'>An isolation transformer? Basically you are probably more interested in a line conditioner.

Why do you want one? Do you have a problem with your system?</font>

J

JCPRuckus

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>It's not that I'm having any problems, it's just that I want the best performance possible. &nbsp;Also since the power is &quot;cleaner&quot; &nbsp;it supposedly helps increase the life of your equipment, since anything you plug into it doesn't have to deal with the variability (minor power surges and such) of your homes A/C current. &nbsp;Also I'm getting a bit short on outlet space. &nbsp;Since this thing had about 12 outlets I figured I'd look into it and kill two birds with one stone.</font>

E

Eric

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Do you mean Panamax? They have a conditioner (more like a filter if you ask me) /surge suppressor with 11 outlets (MAX5300, max load 15A/1800W).

Here’s the link:

Panamax 5300 on Crutchfield</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis