F

fyrmedic01@hotm

Junior Audioholic
Had a philips pronto and hated it...I was able to program it part way but got lost in the macros...it's gone and so is my pc..(now have a mac) Soooo...What do you folks think of the Harmony..I know they are comming out with a new one approx April 15th...is it worth the wait...are they as easy as some people say...I don't have too much problem with all my remotes but the WAF is low..Are the Supreme(sp) testers her at audioholics gonna get there hands on the new one and give it the runthrough?

Last edited:
W

westie7

Enthusiast
I've been going back and forth with remotes lately and I've decided to hold off until the 880 comes out next month. If you are going to get a new remote I suggest you wait also, it may be worth it.

P

Privateer

Full Audioholic
Well my Mcintosh MX135 came with a harmony remote and I do like the quality. It was pre programmed so I do not know how difficult they are to programm.

F

fyrmedic01@hotm

Junior Audioholic
I emailed harmony and they said it should be out about mid april..Privateer...does the remote handle all your needs...and can guests, wife, grandma, dog, use it?

J

JimR013

Audiophyte
I have a Harmony 676 and love it. Its easy to setup online & very easy to use
especially for Wife's & Kids.
Besides You can find some pretty Good Deals Now on the Models out.
I don't think you will find any good Deals when they first come out with new Model 880? But I'm just guessing.

M

MBauer

Audioholic
Harmony remote Experience

My Wife loves our Harmony. Now, I have not taken the time to try to program all the advance features, nor do I plan to.

For her benefit I stuck with two key ones: Watch TV, which turns on the Sony, the receiver (Denon), sets the cable box right, etc and allows minimal DVR capabiliites, plus change channels, control volume. etc. Then I set up Watch Movie, which switches to the DVD player, again with the basic functions, play, FF, volume, etc. Nothing fancy, but, from her point of view, very functional. So, for uses like that I can highly reccomend it,

F

fyrmedic01@hotm

Junior Audioholic
I think there is enough positve feedback and a good WAF. I think I am going to wait until april and check out the new one..it sorta has that oooh factor for me:) thanks for all the info folks.

Z

ZipSkip

Audiophyte
I bought a 688 earlier this year and love it. It took about an hour at the Harmony web site to program but it runs everything I have. What it lacks in automated programming you can manualy do yourself with very little effort. Only problem I've seen is the main user buttons are hard to read in the dark, they do not glow like the rest. Oh yea, the buttons are a little small for my salami fingers..

ZipSkip said:
I bought a 688 earlier this year and love it. It took about an hour at the Harmony web site to program but it runs everything I have. What it lacks in automated programming you can manualy do yourself with very little effort. Only problem I've seen is the main user buttons are hard to read in the dark, they do not glow like the rest. Oh yea, the buttons are a little small for my salami fingers..
I really thought the 676 was a nice follow-up that seemed to fix many of the minor annoyances of the 688.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis