Harman Kardon GLA-55 dust problem

T

thermoclock

Audiophyte
Hi, im new to this forum. Just wondering if there's anyone else out there with the Harman Kardon GLA-55's and if they encounter the same problem as me, dust entering the port, if so, is there any way to remove the dust?:):)

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hi, im new to this forum. Just wondering if there's anyone else out there with the Harman Kardon GLA-55's and if they encounter the same problem as me, dust entering the port, if so, is there any way to remove the dust?:):)
Dust always gets into ports, but most of us don't care,

Just remove the dust with a slightly damp cloth. Work it into the port.

T

thermoclock

Audiophyte
Dust always gets into ports, but most of us don't care,

Just remove the dust with a slightly damp cloth. Work it into the port.
Sorry i didnt clarify* i meant the dust actually entered within the insides of the clear casing.. The case actually being clear, its quite noticeable and distracting.. just wondering if you have any ideas?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Sorry i didnt clarify* i meant the dust actually entered within the insides of the clear casing.. The case actually being clear, its quite noticeable and distracting.. just wondering if you have any ideas?
Serve you right for buying a transparent see through speaker. Your problem is therefor predictable.

Do not vac it out, you will likely cause damage doing that.

If you must remove the dust, you will have to remove the bass drivers and clean it out and then re install the bass drivers.

A lot of air flows in and out of ports, so this will be a recurrent problem. Ports must be unobstructed.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Swiffer 360 if it can get in there. It will do a good job of getting the dust. Not familiar with the speakers, but if you have access to the port, this might help.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Swiffer 360 if it can get in there. It will do a good job of getting the dust. Not familiar with the speakers, but if you have access to the port, this might help.
This is what you are confronted with!

If you are going to make a transparent speaker it has better be sealed. Ports move a lot of air and dust with it.

I would have thought this problem of it looking even uglier than it started out should be pretty obvious to a speaker designer.

This smacks of design by committee with the image maker high heels in charge.

Here we have a case of dulling rather than polishing the turd! Leave it to the moderns.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
This is what you are confronted with!

If you are going to make a transparent speaker it has better be sealed. Ports move a lot of air and dust with it.

I would have thought this problem of it looking even uglier than it started out should be pretty obvious to a speaker designer.

This smacks of design by committee with the image maker high heels in charge.

Here we have a case of dulling rather than polishing the turd! Leave it to the moderns.
Don't hold back. Go ahead, tell us how you feel!:)

J

Jackie1

Audiophyte
I have these and they are awesome. Just use a micro fiber with some ceramic spray and you''ll be good.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis