Harman Kardon AVR630

N

newaudio

Audiophyte
Hi, Have any of you guy's out there had any experience with this receiver, good or bad! I am considering picking one up for a great price. I know it's not the AVR635, but I think that would run me quite a bit more money. Just so you know I am using Definitive Technology speakers all the way around. Please give me your thoughts!

Thanks!

crashguy

crashguy

Audioholic
My brother in law bought one on my recommendation, and absolutely loves it. I researched it, and I think it is a good unit.

A

armaraas

Full Audioholic
I had that unit for a few weeks and really liked. I have since returned it and am now testing out a Yamaha 5790. Between the 2 I like the HK better, the manual setup seemed more straightforward to me and I preferred the sound to the Yam. I was not able to an A-B comparison switching back and forth so is just my biased opinion. Also I was able to get a little more volume out of the HK then the Yamaha. The Yam has additional features like video up conversion, the YPAO set up (auto setup, which I am not sure if I figured it out yet, every time I run it the sub stops working), and more inputs. It was also quite a bit more expensive then what I got the HK for, but I also paid almost full retail where as the HK was an open box. I would like more audio inputs than what is on the 630, and the auto setup is a nice feature but not a necessity, and well as the video upconversion. However, to me those features while not important may be nice to have in the future, hence I plan on getting the the HK 635 when it is out. I have seen it for less than $200 more than what I bought the 630 for.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis