Halp! Need some layout assistance and comments on the system.

B

BaSiC Evil

Audioholic Intern
Just closed the deal on my first condo and need some assistance in setting up what will be my first real HT system, aside from all the HTiB that I have owned.

I am planning on the following:
Center - Bic Acoustech HT-65
Front - Bic Acoustech HT-75
Sub - Bic Acoustech H100
Surrounds - ADS C500iw

Display - Optoma H31

I decided against the Acoustech surrounds due to the layout of the room and where I would have to put the couch for the screen to fit.

Take a look at the attached diagram and tell me what you think.
I plan on mounting the screen to the western wall.

All walls are concrete and the floor is terazzo. All ambient light will be controlled with blinds that have blackout material on the backside. Although I am never home during the day to watch television, I figured it would be nice to control all light sources. :rolleyes:

Looking for some opinions and suggestions on the setup and how to arrange the speakers/sub placement. If anyone out there has some suggestions for the surrounds aside from the ADS ceiling speakers....please suggest.

Also, anyone with knowledge on front projection, is this too close to have the projector and the seating?

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
How big is the screen going to be?

I have a similar room to that, except the 13'8" is 20 (18 where the fireplace is in the lower right corner adjacent to the sliding glass door). I have my sub in the upper right corner, facing along the length of the 19' wall. The system is angled toward the center of the room in that same corner, in order to see the display and also have the fireplace still be useful in the winter. I have room for 8' of separation for the mains, without them blocking too much of the windows on that side. The only problem is the surrounds are a challenge.

The alternate thought would be on the right side of the room, along the 19' wall (west) like you plan.

Attachments

Last edited:
B

BaSiC Evil

Audioholic Intern
j_garcia said:
How big is the screen going to be?

I have a similar room to that, except the 13'8" is 20 (18 where the fireplace is in the lower right corner adjacent to the sliding glass door). I have my sub in the upper right corner, facing along the length of the 19' wall. The system is angled toward the center of the room in that same corner, in order to see the display and also have the fireplace still be useful in the winter. I have room for 8' of separation for the mains, without them blocking too much of the windows on that side. The only problem is the surrounds are a challenge.

The alternate thought would be on the right side of the room, along the 19' wall (west) like you plan.
The display will come from a Optoma H31. I am hoping to get a 101" diagonal screen on the western wall.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis