JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
I want to say congrats to those who won, but I was just wondering why runner up 4 and 5 won (congrats) if the Haiku's didn't include the needed "Speaker Wire". It doesn't seem right to bend the rules on something that was a "required" part of the haiku.

" Interested Audioholics should enter this drawing by submitting a haiku (see definition) using the phrase "speaker wire" within the haiku."

J

Joe Cornwall

Enthusiast
A fair enough question. Let me respond by saying we didn't change any rules. The Grand Prize winner of the contest did follow all the rules. :)

We did, however, decide to reward some additional entrants simply because their efforts and creativity were too good to ignore. ;) It was very, very difficult to pick a single winner. The response to this impromptu contest was, quite simply, overwhelming! There was never any intention to select five winners - that was a spontaneous reaction and one that I hope is seen as the positive reaction it is.

Thanks to all for an enjoyable break from the typical monotony of trying to find something original to say about copper. You all made our week!!!

Joe C.
Impact Acoustics Business Dude
(who's listening to Marc Broussard as he writes this)

JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
That's fine...I was jsut wondering...now that I know it was a free for all after the Grand Prize was gone...more power to them.

mkossler

mkossler

Audioholic
Hmm. I was pretty surprised (and excited), I admit, when I saw that one of my Haiku was considered decent enough to be a (distant) runner-up. I was even more surprised to see that I had completely missed the "speaker wire" verbiage condition.

I'm glad that I came up with something that Impact Aoustics felt was good enough to share. The fact that some here think I somehow cheated, or something, with my submissions has taken most of the pleasure out of the experience. Well, I guess it is what it is.

For what it's worth, I thought most of the submissions were great, and that a whole bunch of them were really creative, poetic and entertaining. I also hope that the feedback here so far won't prevent more events like this in the future.

Cheers,
Matty K.

J

Jason Coleman

Banned
This was definitely the most entertaining Audioholics contest I've participated in. This was a very original idea and a creative way to get members to "work" for their desired prize.

However, doesn't the winning haiku only have 4 syllables in the first line..."Speaker wire roots..."

Just an observation...

Jason

JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
mkossler said:
The fact that some here think I somehow cheated, or something, with my submissions has taken most of the pleasure out of the experience. Well, I guess it is what it is.
I don't think you cheated or anything like that, and I'm not trying to kill your joy in winning, (I'm happy for everyone that won, it shows that I need to work on my Haikus)...it was not stated that once they picked the grand prize winner that the runners up, their Haiku's did not have to have the "speaker wire" in it. That was the confusing part that needed clarification. So CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE THAT WON!!!

J

Joe Cornwall

Enthusiast
mkossler said:
Hmm. I was pretty surprised (and excited), I admit, when I saw that one of my Haiku was considered decent enough to be a (distant) runner-up. I was even more surprised to see that I had completely missed the "speaker wire" verbiage condition.

I'm glad that I came up with something that Impact Aoustics felt was good enough to share. The fact that some here think I somehow cheated, or something, with my submissions has taken most of the pleasure out of the experience. Well, I guess it is what it is.

For what it's worth, I thought most of the submissions were great, and that a whole bunch of them were really creative, poetic and entertaining. I also hope that the feedback here so far won't prevent more events like this in the future.

Cheers,
Matty K.
Thanks. I couldn't have said it better myself...

And no, feedback (some might call it whining but I'd never do that :eek: ) won't prevent more events. It was fun and very surprising in the level of interest it generated. Nothing the IA team can do will please ALL the people ALL the time (in fact, I believe there are some people we'll never please regardless of what we do - but that's another story).

A new event will be announced shortly. The sneak preview you'll get here :rolleyes: indicates that Impact Acoustics will be paying folks $200 in merchandise credit for reviews, articles and other contributions selected to be published on the IA web site. All part of our plan to make audio and video fun. We're just a bunch of movie, music and gaming fanatics trying to make a living, after all. It's not like any of us own a stadium or anything!

Again, thanks to all for participating in the contest and here on the Audioholics forum.

Joe C.

J

Josuah

Senior Audioholic
Jason Coleman said:
However, doesn't the winning haiku only have 4 syllables in the first line..."Speaker wire roots..."
Hm. I guess I pronounce wire differently. Wi-re were the two syllables I was going with. :confused:

J

Josuah

Senior Audioholic
Just wanted to say thanks for the prize, and to let you know I appreciate it. Both Impact and Audioholics. Waiting to hear whatever you may need from me. Thanks again!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis