V

Vault 35

Enthusiast
Examples include those hideous "shelf" systems with the superfluous output level displays and ridiculous breather ducts bulging out overywhere. Who buys this junk? This crap takes up a lot of valuable shelf space in retail establishments and I have never seen any human being purchase one of these monstrosities. Why don't they just stop already?

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Hey, if your stereo isn't going to sound good, it should atleast look like a futuristic weapon...

SheepStar

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
I'd say they're probably popular with teenagers.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
emorphien said:
I'd say they're probably popular with teenagers.
Well, that's a POV I've never seen before.

The Teenager,
SheepStar

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
I remember other people having some things like that when I was a teen.

Nowadays everyone my age has iPods and I'm trying to justify $1000 standmount speakers.

V

Vault 35

Enthusiast
Somebody is buying this junk and I suspect they are those who are stuck just one level below the white van guys.

Resident Loser

Resident Loser

Senior Audioholic
Well...

Vault 35 said:
Examples include those hideous "shelf" systems with the superfluous output level displays and ridiculous breather ducts bulging out overywhere. Who buys this junk? This crap takes up a lot of valuable shelf space in retail establishments and I have never seen any human being purchase one of these monstrosities. Why don't they just stop already?
...Wal-Mart sells 'em...BB and CC too...maybe Target...Sears...PC Richard(a local NY retailer)...and there seems to be no end to the mfrs....Sony...JVC...Panasonic...lesser names and no-names and they do look sorta' like '58 Oldsmobiles...so there must be a sizeable market out there...

Why do people spend thousands on aftermarket wiring?

Who buys this junk?

Why don't they just stop already?

jimHJJ(...all that valuable shelf space must be paying off...)

Resident Loser

Resident Loser

Senior Audioholic
Didn't I...

Rock&Roll Ninja said:
How about the JVC Mx-GT90?
...see that in a STAR WARS movie?

jimHJJ(...the looks must impress someone...)

V

Vault 35

Enthusiast
Rock&Roll Ninja said:
How about the JVC Mx-GT90?
Dude, cool pipes.:cool:

JVC should hire H.R. Gieger to design molds for enclosures around some of these systems. They're getting close to looking like alien monsters anyway. Why not go all the way?

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
Vault 35 said:
Dude, cool pipes.:cool:

JVC should hire H.R. Gieger to design molds for enclosures around some of these systems. They're getting close to looking like alien monsters anyway. Why not go all the way?
B&W already did it....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis