Emotiva XPA-3 gen 1

Power conditioning:
Monster power center hts 3500 mk ii

Klipsch reference system:
rf-52 ii mains
rc-52 ii center
rs-42 ii surrounds
klipsch sw-12ii subwoofer

First i just wanted to say i love the website, it has always been helpful and great to read about stuff that would likely cause a divorce if i bought it :)

Secondly... any advice on where to go from here? I am pretty sure i will replace the sub with a Rythmik f12 at some point in the future, what else would be good to do?

Also a few general questions...

I currently have my nvidia graphics card running a hdmi cord to my receiver for audio, would i benefit from buying a more advanced pc audio sound card?

I have read that "shorting" the inputs to the amp can reduce unwanted noise that i'm hearing with the amp... My pc is connected to the onkyo via analog rca cables. My ps4 is connected via hdmi. Any idea why the ps4 produces white noise and the pc doesn't? Would grounding(aka shorting?) the outlet potentially fix this and if so how would i go about doing that?

Where do people buy home theater racks? I am currently using a tv stand but in the future if i wanted to get a rack what are some of the more popular options?

I have read that 12v triggers powering on the amplifier is something of a topic in the Emotiva community because they can harm the amp... but i haven't seen anything myself suggesting this? Is this true or have i been mislead?

Do higher quality interconnect cables really make a difference? Or is a standard interconnect cable about as far as you would realistically want to go?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for your time!

P.s. it is a all around system, but i listen to many different flavors of music on it and would consider that as its "main purpose!"

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis