Great Athena Deal in Canada

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
Athena Deal from futureshop. This is a great price for this setup. Anyone in Canada looking for 5.1 speaker setup under $500 this gets my vote hands down.

Audiosouse

Audiosouse

Audioholic
Wow! :eek: I think I'm suffering from downgraditis (not that this is a downgrade). These deals are amazing!...makes me wish I were looking for an HT package!

I hope people jump on this...Do I need a 5 channel bedroom system? Hmmmmm...

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
awesome deal for the price, no, how bout amazing deal for th price, I never thought I'd ever say this, kinda wish I lived in canada, ....wait, i guess its not that good of a deal, but if I lived there I'd pick it up just to put in the spare bedroom.

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
To put it in perspective that's like all 5 speakers for $263 US. Pretty sweet IMO. Hey Spiffy. I noticed the hopefully soon list is changing on a day by day basis. Good for you. It's nice to see you're researching so hard. I too had to get a ht together after a botched first attempt. You should have seen the list of stuff I sorted through. Almost there though. I'm a DVD player and a sub away from being happy with my setup for a month or so ;) .

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
Takeereasy said:
To put it in perspective that's like all 5 speakers for $263 US. Pretty sweet IMO. Hey Spiffy. I noticed the hopefully soon list is changing on a day by day basis. Good for you. It's nice to see you're researching so hard. I too had to get a ht together after a botched first attempt. You should have seen the list of stuff I sorted through. Almost there though. I'm a DVD player and a sub away from being happy with my setup for a month or so ;) .
Yeah, decided I will be ok with not having the top equipment, its all going in my room in a fraternity house, so odds are something is going to get messed up, so i'm ok with compromising now and i'll buy everything i really want after school

Audiosouse

Audiosouse

Audioholic
See if you can wrap your mind around this...

Wrap your mind around this for a moment...

Buy TWO Athena Audition packages which each include:
(2) AS-B1
(1) AS-C1
(2) AS-R1

If you had a Denon 3805, you could have a 7.1 setup AND two Surround Back B's for DVD-A/SACD PLUS an extra centre channel for $660 CDN. Or, if you had a Yamaha RX-V2500, that would give you a 7.1 setup plus presence speakers.

Future Shop also has the AS-P400 (10 in. sub) on for $299.99. You could buy TWO for $600 CDN. So for a TOTAL of $1260 CDN, you've got a high quality 9.2 channel surround system (11 speakers) and a spare centre channel!!! :eek: How insane is that? That has to be the deal of the century!!! If I didn't already have a nice set up, I'd be doing just that.

I've already convinced (do you believe I had to convince them at this price?) someone at the office to pick it up for their new big screen and HD satellite. People don't give sound a passing thought...it's a damn shame. What good's all that action on the screen if it's coming out of two crappy built in speakers?

rikmeister

rikmeister

Audioholic
spiff look at the oppo dvd. great reviews for the price..

i just got one and it is great.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis