Gran Turismo 5 Will Use Move, 3D if They're 'Interesting'

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Yamauchi: Gran Turismo 5 Will Use Move, 3D if They're 'Interesting'

Polyphony CEO denies Move or 3D support for GT5, but isn't against incorporating them in theory.

By Kris Pigna, 04/06/2010

Initial indications suggested that Gran Turismo 5 would include support for both the Move motion controller and stereoscopic 3D visuals later this year, but Polyphony Digital CEO Kazunori Yamauchi has denied the PlayStation 3's flagship racer is confirmed to support either of Sony's big upcoming console features...at least, it isn't confirmed yet. "We're always attuned to new technologies," Yamauchi said to PSM3 magazine (via CVG). "If there are display devices or peripherals that seem interesting, I'm sure we'll work to support them."
Move support first seem confirmed when Gran Turismo 5 was listed among other "Featured Games" on Sony's official PlayStation Move website, although GT5 has since been removed from that list. The racing game was also included in the latest episode of Qore in a montage of titles that would supposedly be patched to support 3D (as a leaked video showed last week), but it seems that wasn't quite confirmation, either.
Still, Yamauchi did leave the door open to adding support for both, so GT5 may end up with motion control and 3D functionality anyway. There's still no official release date for Gran Turismo 5.

Source: 1Up.com

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
quit trying to add features and just release the game already.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
I agree it has been almost five years that this game has been in development, at this point the game better be perfect no excuses. If this game has issues Sony is going to take a beating for it, personally I don't need 3D support or Move support for it, BTW the GT series supports the racing wheel already so really there is no need for Move support JMO.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis