~JC~

~JC~

Audioholic
Anyone ever heard of them? Google comes up empty. I bought the Grafix 7 pair that I have, in 1978. I still really like them. The are probably crap, and I'm probably just being nostalgic, but I still like them. :) So any of you old timers ever heard of them??

J

jcarrey4

Audiophyte
Hey JC, I'm actually new to the forums, pretty much because of your post. Grafyx Speakers were a company formed by my father and his twin brother along with a few of their college friends, and we, of course, have used his speakers since I was born. They work great! Only recently have we changed speakers, pretty much only because the old styled speakers are so much bigger than good sounding speakers you can find today.

You want to talk about nostalgia? Try talking to my dad about it!

If you're looking for a little piece of nostalgia, there's a guy in Ohio selling some Grafyx speakers on ebay! I'm tempted to pick them up, myself, but I think we have 2 or 3 sets sitting in our basement right now.

Anyway, I'm not really sure how comfortable my dad is bringing up his business online, just know that had things gone as planned, you'd definitely still be seeing the Grafyx name today...in more places than eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SP-BY-GRAFYX-2-WAY-SPEAKERS-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ220083089143QQihZ012QQcategoryZ14993QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

A

ARRAY

Audioholic Intern
Hi JC4, I see you're also a new member. It's great to hear your Pops was producer during hi-fi's peak period. Man, those were glory days. Did he ever share with you any amusing anecdotes about running the company? Perhaps you can share some insight into why/how he got started and so forth. Always interested to hear how people try and make it in this business...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
ARRAY, unfortunately that was JC4's one and only post, and he/she hasn't been back since (so, over 16 months). Just wanted to let you know so that you don't wait too long for an answer.

T

tonyl

Audiophyte
GRAFYX db 30

Hello,

I have 2 pair of Grafyx speakers, DB 30's which are a 3 way
large bookshelf (or smaller floorstanding)

and a similar size 2 way pair.

I think the DB 30's are terrific, and some do some of my audiophile friends -they were garage sale finds

TL

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Anyone ever heard of them? Google comes up empty. I bought the Grafix 7 pair that I have, in 1978. I still really like them. The are probably crap, and I'm probably just being nostalgic, but I still like them. :) So any of you old timers ever heard of them??
I liked their speakers. Small tower, right? They used mostly Phillips drivers, usually the AD-0162 polycarbonate dome and the AD-0163 textile dome tweeters. They had a brief issue with people smoking the tweeters but the fix was to add a coil to increase the slope of the crossover. IIRC, they used mostly Phillips woofers, too. Sometimes, they came with Gefco, which was a company owned by Herb Geffert.

M

MC1969

Audiophyte
I just picked a pair Grafyx SP-10's.. Fantastic condition and sound awesome.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis