Grace Note & file tagging FLAC file(s)

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
One of the nice features of my Roxio ripping app is the inclusion of access to the Grace Note data base to tag digital file(s). While it’s not 100% accurate, more like 80 to 85%, it’s a handy little feature I use occasionally.

One of the quirks though that I’ve noticed is while it works fine & dandy in tagging a MP3 file and embedding the data, the same cannot be said for FLAC files.

It identifies the track song title/artist(s)/album/year, etc. correctly, just like it does for MP3 files, but the meta-data doesn’t get embedded. In short it doesn’t stick.

What am I missing here? Or is there something in the FLAC format that doesn’t allow this to take?

Any insights or facts would be appreciated.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I use EAC for ripping to FLAC and the various data bases (4 total IIRC) it can connect with I've only had I think 2 discs it couldn't come up with the right metadata out of over 1000, and no problem keeping the metadata. FLAC is one of the best formats for metadata afaik. I just looked at a coupla threads on Roxio support forums and seems FLAC isn't well supported by Roxio from what I gathered....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis