Got a new reciever!  =)

M

mustang_steve

Senior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Well, I finally went out and got a replacement for my Yamaha RX-V430 (didn't like spring connectors).

Well, it's an (drum roll)

Yamaha RX-496! &nbsp;=D

And the 430 was now in a position to replace my old pioneer, thank god, that thing's problems were driving me up the wall.

One question though, is there any way to disable remote control on the 430? &nbsp;They are both in the same room (I rent a room), and having to turn the 430 down when turning the 496 up is going to bite...at least i can interchange remotes, pity I have no clue how to disable the remote sensor on &nbsp;the 430 though. &nbsp;

thanks,

-Steve

&quot;where common sense fails, never underestimate the power of sledgehammers&quot; --My psycho, but cute ex-housemate JoAnna.</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>Hi mustang_steve,

Try putting a tape over the IR port on your RX-430, they are usualy located near the volume control.
</font>

M

mustang_steve

Senior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>sweet it works, kinda.

Turns out I needed to use a thick peice of paper as well, so its not pretty, but with how messy my desk gets, it should look at home &nbsp;

The only bad part is some angles will get it, but i think the sensor is really far back form the plastic lens, so it's real easy to get it form an angle, I'll deal with that later though, now at least I can do thigns on both without playing the volume shuflle &nbsp;

Thanks agian,

-Steve</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis