Got a free amp/preamp, need help!

B

Bender81

Audiophyte
Hi, my friend is currently moving to a smaller condo so he gave me a vacuum amp/preamp that he doesn't have any use for. Little more to it than that, but that's the gist of it. Pretty good quality stuff to, so I was wondering what kind of additional equipment I'd need to do the following 2 amps justice:

Silsonic SAP-50T Vacuum amp
VAL MP-L1S Vacuum Preamp

So I'd need a quality cd deck and speakers? I looked up the silsonic amp and I can't really find anything on it since it's a Chinese brand (it was bought in Hong Kong I think). Found this link on google for a little information on it:
http://cgi.ebay.com/SILSONIC-TUBE-POWER-AMP-STEREO-6550-X-4-50WX2_W0QQitemZ330010365279QQcmdZViewItem

I'm pretty new to this stuff although I was pretty into headphones years back (I have a pair of Grados and a headphone amp). Anyways, any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Bender81 said:
Hi, my friend is currently moving to a smaller condo so he gave me a vacuum amp/preamp that he doesn't have any use for. Little more to it than that, but that's the gist of it. Pretty good quality stuff to, so I was wondering what kind of additional equipment I'd need to do the following 2 amps justice:

Silsonic SAP-50T Vacuum amp
VAL MP-L1S Vacuum Preamp

So I'd need a quality cd deck and speakers? I looked up the silsonic amp and I can't really find anything on it since it's a Chinese brand (it was bought in Hong Kong I think). Found this link on google for a little information on it:
http://cgi.ebay.com/SILSONIC-TUBE-POWER-AMP-STEREO-6550-X-4-50WX2_W0QQitemZ330010365279QQcmdZViewItem

I'm pretty new to this stuff although I was pretty into headphones years back (I have a pair of Grados and a headphone amp). Anyways, any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

The link indicates it to be 240V. Are you overseas, not in USA?

Yes, you would need good speakers, no matter what you have as you hear the speakers. Cd player is not much of an issue. Today, it has become a disposable item:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis