agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
While wandering the internet for DIY designs, I came across this amazing looking speaker. Details are sparse, so this is mostly eye candy and motivation.

Dimensions:
Width: 45cm / 17.7"
Height: 128cm / 50.4"
Depth: 90cm / 35.4"
Weight: 120kg / 265lbs each

The drivers:
Tweeter: Accuton C30-6-024
Mid: Accuton C173-6-090
Woofer: Accuton S280-6-282 x2
PR: Accuton P280 x2

Complete Flikr album here and there is this video,

Last edited by a moderator:
Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Wow!

Those look too good to be made in someone's basement. Just getting them up the stairs would require an industrial forklift covered with kid leather.

All Accuton drivers also suggest deep pockets were behind that project.

Wait a minute. I see bi-wired or bi-amped cables with acrylic cable lifters :eek:! No self-respecting DIY speaker builder would use those.

Go ahead and ask for the crossover schematics and see if you get a response :D.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Wow!

Wait a minute. I see bi-wired or bi-amped cables with acrylic cable lifters :eek:! No self-respecting DIY speaker builder would use those.

Go ahead and ask for the crossover schematics and see if you get a response :D.
I believe that's a fully active setup there is no passive crossover.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
From the comments overlaid on the video,
Turntable: Empire 4000D/III, Dynavector DRT-XV1S cartridge
ESEL Sound mono amps (8x)
From the comments on You Tube,
8 chanel active crossover is the Sonic Studio 304 DSP digital crossover with the MIO console program.
Cabinet and aluminum baffle were outsourced to pro shops.
Oh man! Does this guy set the bar high or what... I wish there were more details on how it was designed and how it measures.

jinjuku

jinjuku

The Sonic Studio 304 looks likes it's about $4K on it's own.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
a) I'm sure all this glass in his room really helps the sound :rolleyes:
b) with some much money invested in speakers & electronics one might think some Could've been invested in pro sound panels (not towel :eek:) and better floor rug

Yes, bunch of cables due to fully active setup, but surely lost some of my respect due to cable risers...

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
The Sonic Studio 304 looks likes it's about $4K on it's own.
I looked it up too :).

a) I'm sure all this glass in his room really helps the sound :rolleyes:
b) with some much money invested in speakers & electronics one might think some Could've been invested in pro sound panels (not towel :eek:) and better floor rug

Yes, bunch of cables due to fully active setup, but surely lost some of my respect due to cable risers...
He's an audiophile not an Audioholic ;).

On the carpet and tapestry front, don't judge them. I have a relative who collects antique ones and some cost as much as a mid sized sedan! Looking at this guy's means, I wouldn't be surprised if they were worth a small fortune. But then again, there is an Ikea lamp in the turntable box :). Maybe, he's testing them before handing them over to whomever commissioned them. I donno, maybe, he's a 'forever alone' with his beautiful speakers...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I downloaded the original version. I like the refrain a lot (which is what they play in the preview). The rest of the song, though...not my thing.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
I downloaded the original version. I like the refrain a lot (which is what they play in the preview). The rest of the song, though...not my thing.
Here is some background on the song and the meaning of lyrics.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis