Google's Home Max Speaker: Impressive Sound, Strong Features, High Price

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Home Max expands on Google's 2016 release of Google Home, a smaller and more affordable speaker designed to compete with Amazon's Echo, which uses that company's Alexa personal assistant technology. Launching in December, Home Max will be bigger, heavier version of Home and Google promises it will sound much better too.

GoogleMAx.jpg

Read: Google's Home Max Speaker: Impressive Sound, Strong Features, High Price

A

adala98

Audiophyte
Is this an actual hands on review or just reviewing the spec?

"Sadly, the Home Max isn't yet ready for service as a speaker for your television, though Google says it's working to make this possible by matching sound and video. It's not yet clear when this kind of support will be available, so if this is what you're after, look elsewhere."

It has an AUX port to connect to "record player" so why couldn't it take audio out from TV (usually RCA ports) ?

What am I missing here?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Is this an actual hands on review or just reviewing the spec?

"Sadly, the Home Max isn't yet ready for service as a speaker for your television, though Google says it's working to make this possible by matching sound and video. It's not yet clear when this kind of support will be available, so if this is what you're after, look elsewhere."

It has an AUX port to connect to "record player" so why couldn't it take audio out from TV (usually RCA ports) ?

What am I missing here?
You're not missing anything. I did a poor job peer reviewing this and missed the phono part and updated accordingly. thanks.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis