mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I was considering this since I read that it is fast:D Comcast Internet Explorer is like that TV commercial by comcast and the turtle:D

Has anyone tried this new browser yet?
Any good? Any issues?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I tried it yesterday. I'm not a fan of the look of the browser, and I didn't see (upon a quick inspection) on how to tailor the look of it, so I just went back to IE. I'm open to trying it again in the future, but I also want to wait and see if there are any major security breaches. After all, it's just a beta, and you know people are out there trying to crack it wide open.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I tried it yesterday. I'm not a fan of the look of the browser, and I didn't see (upon a quick inspection) on how to tailor the look of it, so I just went back to IE. I'm open to trying it again in the future, but I also want to wait and see if there are any major security breaches. After all, it's just a beta, and you know people are out there trying to crack it wide open.
When I searched and read a little on it, it does have a security issue of some king. Interestingly, whatever causes that issue has been fixed for some other application:eek: So, why not for this, I wonder.
It is supposed to be fast. Was it when you tried it?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I really didn't give it enough of a spin to tell if it was fast. I pretty much opened up this forum (yes, I need help), looked at the browser for about ten seconds, thought "this isn't very attractive", and went back to IE. For example, the favorites bar doesn't highlight links in 3D when I mouse over them, and the tabs are (if I remember correctly) also not shaded in 3D. Am I superficial? Of course. I luvz my 3D graphics.

G

G-MO

Audiophyte
I agree. I'll wait for the next version.

CaliHwyPatrol

CaliHwyPatrol

Audioholic Chief
Chrome is about 10x faster than FireFox 3 in javascript tests, but there are a number of addons for FF that I enjoy and won't give up easily.

People still use Internet Excrement? :confused: :eek:

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
I really didn't give it enough of a spin to tell if it was fast. I pretty much opened up this forum (yes, I need help), looked at the browser for about ten seconds, thought "this isn't very attractive", and went back to IE. For example, the favorites bar doesn't highlight links in 3D when I mouse over them, and the tabs are (if I remember correctly) also not shaded in 3D. Am I superficial? Of course. I luvz my 3D graphics.
Download IE 8 beta2. I downloaded it 3 days ago for my vista box and it's pretty good. Although I only use it for one website for work that I cannot access with firefox, it adds a lot of features that IE7 was missing.

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
I have been using it for a day and I really like it.

Those of you who don't find it aesthetically pleasing, not sure whats up with that but I think its the best looking browser I have seen to date (on the windows platform that is).

Its very fast, especially with java.

Very very very very good idea with giving each tab its own process. Firefox and IE have really bad memory leaks and anytime one of your tabs locks up it brings the browser down with it. Not the case with chrome.....

Oddly enough I can't get this site to load with it though....lol :rolleyes:

CaliHwyPatrol

CaliHwyPatrol

Audioholic Chief
I'm on it right now and yes, it is extremely fast. It still won't get my vote until there are a plethora of add-ons to replace my Fire Fox ones.

Djizasse

Djizasse

Senior Audioholic
I'm test driving this beta. Very fast indeed. I love the minimalized design.
Being able to drag a tab to make it a new window is very usefull.

Still needs extensions though. Wonder if it will get google browser sync lol

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis