Good receiver for under 400$

N

nosferatu

Audioholic
HI im a new here as you can see . i just bought a HT speaker systen Infinity and curently running that on Yamaha HTR 5230 and old model and im not really happy with it. i was looking in to newer Denon AV Receivers for under 400$ i also consider older HK.
i listen a lot to music from computer and do a lot of editing so looking something that will work well with that and be good for DVD and TV

let me know your opinion about Denon HK or onkio yamaha is ok but im not in to it too much

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
nosferatu said:
HI im a new here as you can see . i just bought a HT speaker systen Infinity and curently running that on Yamaha HTR 5230 and old model and im not really happy with it. i was looking in to newer Denon AV Receivers for under 400$ i also consider older HK.
i listen a lot to music from computer and do a lot of editing so looking something that will work well with that and be good for DVD and TV

let me know your opinion about Denon HK or onkio yamaha is ok but im not in to it too much
You won't find a Denon for this price with the same features and power capability.

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=4008752

R

rumble

Audioholic
You should be able to get a Pioneer 1015tx right around $400 on line.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
rumble said:
You should be able to get a Pioneer 1015tx right around $400 on line.
THX Select and over 33lbs, another excellent choice.

N

nosferatu

Audioholic
i thought i could get denon for 400$
but that HK is a good choice. at first i was looking at denon's but than i come to this forum and ppl say good things about new HK units, and thay look really nice.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
nosferatu said:
No, and I'm a Denon owner. It's 29lbs. That tells you something about the power supply and heat sinks. They're small. It's a great receiver, but really not in the same league as the HK and Pioneer listed above. Usually - the beefier (heavier) the unit, the better. I would seriously spend a week at Harman Audio on ebay. One of the guys just stole an HK7200 today. I bet you can find a nice 435 or 635 there. Heck, even a 525 is a super deal if you can land one.

N

nosferatu

Audioholic
does the HK have self learing remote? Bc i got this advent Tv and the remote sucks. i tryed using codes for my yamaha and it wouln't work

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis