Good Optical Cable for PS2

D

DSMCasey

Junior Audioholic
Hi Guys,

Unfortunately with my PS2 I have to use optical cable with a toslink connection (no coax on PS2). I am using monster right now but the cable is a bit too short, is there a good glass optical cable that someone would recommend? I need about 9ft.... I don't think bluejeanscable carries optical toslink cables.

-Casey

D

DSMCasey

Junior Audioholic
Thank you Mark and John But....

The Dayton cables are plastic, not glass. I prefer glass much over plastic. The converter is not a bad idea though, I might go that route. Its just that I would have one more thing to plug in line with the PS2 to Reciever route. The only reason I need a longer Opt. Cable is because I need to stretch the ps2 out to the couch sometimes to play and with about a foot more of opt. cable I would have no problems, of course I could buy controller extensions but they are like $10 each (minimum) and I would need Four of them for my multi-tap....ahh well I'll figure it out.

Thanks for the help!,
Casey

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
DSMCasey said:
Thank you Mark and John But....

The Dayton cables are plastic, not glass. I prefer glass much over plastic. The converter is not a bad idea though, I might go that route. Its just that I would have one more thing to plug in line with the PS2 to Reciever route. The only reason I need a longer Opt. Cable is because I need to stretch the ps2 out to the couch sometimes to play and with about a foot more of opt. cable I would have no problems, of course I could buy controller extensions but they are like $10 each (minimum) and I would need Four of them for my multi-tap....ahh well I'll figure it out.

Thanks for the help!,
Casey
Glass helps with long distance cable, nothing in home application. Not worth any extra expense. From what you will be doing, you may want to convert to the coax that will handle the moving around you are bound to be doing.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis