going Yamaha for three zones

ecologydoc

ecologydoc

Junior Audioholic
Only need 5.1 for main,, 2 speakers and vid in Zone 2, 2 speakers in Zone 3. No atmos. Is my minimum choice RX-A2080?? What other models, even older, do three zones? All zones are wired. Enough info? Thanks in advance.

ecologydoc

ecologydoc

Junior Audioholic
Does any Yamaha A/V that is less expensive than RX-A2080 power three zones?
Thank you.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
So you have 3 rooms. The 2nd room with video maybe could be a 2nd Yamaha. Then you could buy two of the TSR700 from Costco.

I’m running RXA2060 in Atmos 5.1.4 in the theater room/den. A RXA770 in 3.2 in the Living room with a zone 2 in the garage. And a RXV681 in 2.1 in the bedroom.

ecologydoc

ecologydoc

Junior Audioholic
So you have 3 rooms. The 2nd room with video maybe could be a 2nd Yamaha. Then you could buy two of the TSR700 from Costco.

I’m running RXA2060 in Atmos 5.1.4 in the theater room/den. A RXA770 in 3.2 in the Living room with a zone 2 in the garage. And a RXV681 in 2.1 in the bedroom.
Thanks. Living room, bedroom, and a patio, but I was starting to think about the two receiver option also. Do you think the TSR700 could run six NHT speakers? (Absolute Towers, Absolute Zeros, and O2 Arc outdoor)

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks. Living room, bedroom, and a patio, but I was starting to think about the two receiver option also. Do you think the TSR700 could run six NHT speakers? (Absolute Towers, Absolute Zeros, and O2 Arc outdoor)
Each TSR700 can only do 2 zones each.

Each are able to power up to 7 speakers.

The tower speakers probably should be part of a main zone is my thought. Even though towers are sometimes super sensitive, yours are 86dB. Not in the mid or upper 90s like a lot of other towers.

The nice thing about Costco is it’s easy to return stuff if you aren’t satisfied.

ecologydoc

ecologydoc

Junior Audioholic
The tower speakers probably should be part of a main zone is my thought. Even though towers are sometimes super sensitive, yours are 86dB. Not in the mid or upper 90s like a lot of other towers.
Yeah the towers and the Zeros are set up in the main zone, no center speaker but a 10" subwoofer I forgot to mention.. Currently using an Onkyo NR-929 that is more powerful than the TSR700 and it still gets quite warm if not hot sometimes. Maybe will move the Onkyo to the bedroom, kind of overkill for two NHT Classic 3's, but I wouldn't need net connectivity there. The Onkyo has been driving me crazy because it keeps losing connectivity and I have to do a complete reset and initial setup to get it working again. Also the Onkyo remote app is half assed and hasn't been updated in years. I think the Yamaha will be more reliable and easier to control by app from the patio.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis