godd@mn, buyer's remorse!!!!

P

parkerbender

Audioholic
i bought a v-2500 on tuesday for $699, now i'm getting nervous, was it worth it? just make me feel better, i feel pretty sick right now, i had a htr-5640 and probably could've got away with worse and not noticed, anyone have any consolation, i'm diving into this thing too much i'm afraid, especially this television fad, (sarcasm there) i dunno, just freaking out while eating my ramen and saltines, sitting in my empty apartment on folding chairs in front of my 56" hitachi, tell me i'm doing the right thing, please!!!

p.s. i'm single and have no kids

T

TD30

Audiophyte
Besides the fact that Yamaha is introducing new models shortly and the price will continue to drop, no worries. You actually got a good price on a good receiver chill.

O

Orcasite

Enthusiast
New Yamaha models?

TD30 said:
Besides the fact that Yamaha is introducing new models shortly and the price will continue to drop, no worries.
I'm interested in knowing when the specs of the new Yamaha models will be available, and, in addition, when the receivers will actually be available for sale. I am ready to buy now, but wouldn't, if a new (and improved) model were soon to be available at the same or reduced price.

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
parkerbender said:
i bought a v-2500 on tuesday for $699, now i'm getting nervous, was it worth it? just make me feel better, i feel pretty sick right now, i had a htr-5640 and probably could've got away with worse and not noticed, anyone have any consolation, i'm diving into this thing too much i'm afraid, especially this television fad, (sarcasm there) i dunno, just freaking out while eating my ramen and saltines, sitting in my empty apartment on folding chairs in front of my 56" hitachi, tell me i'm doing the right thing, please!!!

I think you got your priorities straight. Why own a wife and have to put up with all those screaming kids when you can rent a gf for half your saltines and maybe some water from the tap?

As far as the HT thing. If your apartment is really empty, you might want to work on the acoustics. An area rug, or some scrap rug pieces from somebody else's remodeling job would work wonders get rid of the clap echo. Clap echo, not the clap, which, as we all know, happens when you rent a gf for half your saltines rather than having a real wife.

Then again, why bother with a wife or renting a gf when you can watch digital pics of other peoples wives and gf's on that nice big screen TV?

Oh by the way, yes you are doing the right thing with the big screen TV and new receiver.

P

ptalar

Junior Audioholic
Your doing the right thing. $699 is nothing in the world of Home Theater. You bought a good Yamaha unit. Its very powerful and up to date. I should buy one for myself to replace my own Yamaha RX-V2095, a previous flagship receiver from Yamaha I bought in early 2000. At that time a new RX-V1 receiver came out a couple of months later. Its part of the cycle of life with AVR's. My Yamaha still sounds great and goes well with my 50" Hitachi Ultravision.

Phil

Z

Zarg

Junior Audioholic
sjdgpt: I like your postscript thoughts

But I've always used:

"I see," said the blind man, as he picked up his hammer and saw.

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
parkerbender said:

You did the right thing. Take the time to study set-up tips from the Audioholics homepage. With proper set-up, it is one top-notch piece. ;)

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
Zarg said:
But I've always used:

"I see," said the blind man, as he picked up his hammer and saw.
I heard my postscript when I attended a Boy Scout weekend as a young teen.

This old geezer (gosh darn, he might have been 50) was teaching a mixed group of country boys and city boys how to use a hammer and other basic tools..... he had to step in and correct a couple boys ..... one boy was holding the nail while the other boy was holding the hammer with two hands. :eek:

I think your line would have worked just as well.

P

parkerbender

Audioholic
sorry, been busy

we just had a water pipe break (i'm super of an apartment complex for the summer) so i've been pretty busy the past couple days, but thanks for the support, good to know that there's others who eat saltines in front of their big screen, oh, and on the acustics, i have a decent carpet, and i bought throw blankets and $7 wal-mart camping chairs to kill some echo.

oh, and to they guy asking where i got it, sunshine electronics in new york, found it on ebay. new in box, don't know about the warrantee, if it IS new in box, not worried, i've never had problems with my yamaha equipment yet. :)

M

mwheelerk

Junior Audioholic
The Kiss

parkerbender said:
if it IS new in box, not worried, i've never had problems with my yamaha equipment yet. :)

Oops there is a statement that is a sure-fire kiss of death to that Yammy!

B

bmac

Audioholic
common problem

I've had it you've got it. When it's all said and done you'll be happy. You have nothing to worry about,your not taking food from your kids or shoe off their feet.Live a little!!!Kids around the country are going to school,sitting on milk crates, eatting noodles,and listen to a great system their grant money bought them.YOU ARE NOT ALONE.Stop with the guilt.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis