God of War: Ascension

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I played the demo and ordered it immediately. Definitely one of the best looking games on the PS3 period. They've done a lot in this one to make it look great, but with such a frenetic pace it isn't like you are going to be checking out the fine details that often. I like that they made some of the sets massive, but sometimes they are so large that you have a bit of trouble telling which one Kratos is or even seeing what you are doing other than when limbs and orbs are flying. As basically most of the reviews said, it is much of the same with some new flavor. They kept it enough familiar to make it enjoyable for fans and added enough freshness to make it feel a little bit new. That works against it somewhat as well, as it kind of seems like they took a long time to produce a game that is relatively the same. It is understandable because they are between a rock and a hard place so as to not piss off such a large fan base with something radically different. The important elements are there: it is fun to play, the violence is over the top and of course, breasts. I am a few hours in and I find it to fit right in with the rest, with the right mix of things to make it a solid game.

I have yet to try the new multiplayer, but I wasn't really interested in that anyway.

If you haven't seen it too, here's the LIVE ACTION trailer (intended to tie in with the new series Vikings, which looks decent) The dude doesn't quite look like Kratos from the game, but not bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Finished it over the weekend. The requisite epic boss battle at the end, but more big in scale than difficulty once you are pretty much maxed out in powers/weapons. I liked it and am playing through a second run to pick up things I missed. Not an instant classic like the earlier ones, but definitely a solid addition.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis